Can't back up yes man

man this is the third movie in the last month thats giving me this problem:

1. it copies the movie fine (clone)
  2. when it finish’s i pop in a dual layer disc (all i use)
  3. a box appears and says i don’t need a dual layer do i wish to continue
  4. i click yeah and then it gives me symtech error
  5. i also use 123copydvd and it works fine but it always cuts my menu and previews out.

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN. THANKS

[QUOTE=Tbonenga;2290292]man this is the third movie in the last month thats giving me this problem:

4. i click yeah and then it gives me symtech error
  5. i also use 123copydvd and it works fine but it always cuts my menu and previews out.

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN. THANKS[/QUOTE]

When you put a dual layer in the drive/burner are you making sure that DVD9 is selected in the small drop down window at the bottom next to the word “Quality” before you click start ?

there is no box as you describe

What ver # are you using?
What operating sytem are you using?

[QUOTE=Tbonenga;2290730]there is no box as you describe[/QUOTE]

:confused:
When you start DVDFab and place the original DVD that you are going to copy, after DVDFab does a scan/analize if you look at the bottom of the screen you should see the word “Quality” there is a small dropdown window that may have DVD5 showing if you click on it a dropdown menu will open and DVD9 will be in the list.

As bean55 asked which version of DVDFab do you have installed also which product are you talking about.

[QUOTE=Tbonenga;2290292]man this is the third movie in the last month thats giving me this problem:

4. i click yeah and then [B]it gives me symtech error[/B]

PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN. THANKS[/QUOTE]

Are you running this program on a computer on a SymTech Innovations network?

That error message you indicated (and I put in [B]BOLD[/B]) seem to point that way.

And, as posted elsewhere in this thread, I, too, would be interested in knowing what version of DVDFab you’re using and on what Operating System.

OC

:slight_smile:

well i was runing 6.0.1.0. i now have 6.0.1.6. i don’t see a quality box at the bottom but i check on the green arrow up top with no disc in and found the quality option. i did change it to dual layer and the same box pops up and says i don’t need a d/l disc do i want to continue. i click yes and then i get the error again

i’m not on a symtech network this is a home computer

Try reverting back to Ver 5.3.2.0 I had no problem with that version getting Yes Man

[QUOTE=Tbonenga;2293695]well i was runing 6.0.1.0. i now have 6.0.1.6. i don’t see a quality box at the bottom but i check on the green arrow up top with no disc in and found the quality option. i did change it to dual layer and the same box pops up and says i don’t need a d/l disc do i want to continue. i click yes and then i get the error again[/QUOTE]

Can you please send in a screenshot of your current version main screen, and, as well, a section of the burn log showing the error message you indicated?

Thanks.

OC

:slight_smile:

It suddenly dawned on me. When you clone a copy, the media you clone to must be the same as the media you’re cloning from.

Yes, Man must be on a single layer disc, which is why you’re getting the error when you try to write to a dual layer disc. I know you said you only use dual layer discs, but in this case you’re going to have to make an exception to avoid the error situation.

Or forget about backing up this movie.

I’d still like to see those things I requested above.

please exscuse my lack of ability. i don’t know how to send them pages. if you tell me how i would send them to you. THANKS again for all the HELP.