Can't back-up win98

vbimport

I'm having trouble making a back-up of win98/se. I've tried clone cd and made a coster. I then downloaded clonyxl to try and find the copy protection. Clony didn't find anything. I tried copy protection detection,same results. Can anyone help me?:confused:

Originally posted by bentwisker
I’m having trouble making a back-up of win98/se. I’ve tried clone cd and made a coster. I then downloaded clonyxl to try and find the copy protection. Clony didn’t find anything. I tried copy protection detection,same results. Can anyone help me?:confused:

did you tried to make a iso with winiso

you can download it on www.cdrsoft.cc

Microsoft CDs (other than the games) do not have any protection on it that prevents copying…

You should be able top back it up with any burning program, Nero, CDRWin, CloneCD, heck, even Easy CD Creator if you care to mess up your system :wink:

I have win98 SE and I backed it up with no problem

I’m not sure my first reply got through so here it goes again.I tried nero the other day. First i tried copy on the fly. Nero came back and said you can’t do this because both your source and destionation drives are on the same IDE channel. So i copied win 98 to hard drive ther to the burner. Worked perfect.
What i don’t understand is i copied starsiege (a game) on the fly with clone cd but made coasters tring to copy win98. Oh well another question for another day. Thanks for your help

bentwisker:D

Well Nero simply refuses to write o-t-f when source and destination driver are on the same IDE cable because it cannot guarantee the transfer speed between the drives will be enough. This has nothing to do with your Win98 disc and is simply a Nero ‘problem’.

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
Well Nero simply refuses to write o-t-f when source and destination driver are on the same IDE cable because it cannot guarantee the transfer speed between the drives will be enough. This has nothing to do with your Win98 disc and is simply a Nero ‘problem’.

no no, thats an ide-problem :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by theEye
no no, thats an ide-problem :stuck_out_tongue:
Ok an IDE problem, whatever you want :slight_smile: