Can't Back Up PS2 Game

vbimport

Hi, :slight_smile:

Hope everyone is doing well, now my problem: Recently my PS2 game started getting a little worn out and acting slow, so I decided to back it up. I looked up the steps on the internet, as well as other sites, and decided to use DVD Decrypter. So I inserted my game (It’s Need For Speed Underground) and went to Mode>ISO>Read and copied the image of my game. Then I patched the game with WinDip (I think its called that) since I read that online games should be patched (although I never use online anyways) and went back to DVD Decrypter then Mode>ISO>Write, put the speed at 1x (Since I read slower is better), inserted my blank dvd-r and burnt it. So far I’ve tried this 3 times and I couldn’t get to work. I tried a Philips DVD-R (4.7GB 1-16x) and I also tried a Verbatim DVD-R (4.7 GB, 1-4X), I even tried a DVD+R (I was desperate), but nothing. I have a modchip, and a fat PS2 if that helps. I can’t figure out why the game wont work, I’m doing everything perfectly. Any help will be appreciated.
THANKS!

I have the same problem and i also have a fat ps2. I figured out that making ISO files most of the time does not work. I tried copying gran theft auto san andreas and got it to work by just copying it. I used a software called MAGIC DVD COPIER and it works with all windows 2000 and up, i am not for sure about mac but it is a safe and free download and it allows you to copy a full dvd ( even copy protected ) 5 times or 5 full dvds. Most ps2 games are in dvd format but when you copy it after you have burned it you will need the slide tool or swap magic tool as it is sometimes called. All you have to do is on the outside of the DVD drive is on the playstation where the logo is, when you eject the tray, where the logo piece/cover for the drive is, is just pop it off but be carefull because there is two plastic pieces that hold it on but if they break while taking it off it isstill okay the DVD drive still works and the cover does slide back on and stays but you can pull it off real easy. the slide tool is either the one you can purchase like the swap magic tool or the slide tool, or you could cut one out of a old credit card ( but you should already have one as you said above). If you want to use MAGIC DVD COPIER more than five times there is a video on youtube that gives you the username and activation code to allow full use of the software. Here is the link:

you will probably have to pause the video at one point to see the full activation code because he reads it pretty fast. Now all you have to do is just stick in you DVD game and a blank 4.7 GB DVD disc and if the file is to big as for some newer games it will ask to compress just click yes. The software also copies copy protected dvd’s like all of today’s new movies. I am not telling you to make a dvd backup of a movie, i have but i only use it for home use only, i do not intend for people to sell pirated dvd’s but i only use them for home use. Oh, and the dvd speed is automatically selected and it worked fine but it you want to change it i think you can go under settings and cofig… then change it.

Hope this helps

[QUOTE=memoIhad;2007147]Hi, :slight_smile:

Hope everyone is doing well, now my problem: Recently my PS2 game started getting a little worn out and acting slow, so I decided to back it up. I looked up the steps on the internet, as well as other sites, and decided to use DVD Decrypter. So I inserted my game (It’s Need For Speed Underground) and went to Mode>ISO>Read and copied the image of my game. Then I patched the game with WinDip (I think its called that) since I read that online games should be patched (although I never use online anyways) and went back to DVD Decrypter then Mode>ISO>Write, put the speed at 1x (Since I read slower is better), inserted my blank dvd-r and burnt it. So far I’ve tried this 3 times and I couldn’t get to work. I tried a Philips DVD-R (4.7GB 1-16x) and I also tried a Verbatim DVD-R (4.7 GB, 1-4X), I even tried a DVD+R (I was desperate), but nothing. I have a modchip, and a fat PS2 if that helps. I can’t figure out why the game wont work, I’m doing everything perfectly. Any help will be appreciated.
THANKS![/QUOTE]

Don’t burn them slower, slower generally ain’t better. Try burning a x16 Verbatim at x8 and see if that works. Try using imgburn for reading and writing and also try without using that patcher.

Is this your first time backing up a ps2 game? if so this may be a silly question but your 100% sure you have a modchip installed in your ps2.

What burner are you using as well? one other thing does your backup go to boot, just sits on a black screen or gives you the red screen with text(can’t remember what the text says).

I have not had a problem backing up my ps2 games using imgburn, a pioneer burner and ether verbatim or taiyo yuden dvds.