Can't back up Pride and Prejudice R1

First time this happens, I’m trying to back up my Pride and Prejudice Region 1 DVD with AnyDVD (latest version).

DVDShrink gives me a cycle redundancy error at VTS_01_4.VOB

Disk is new so no scratch. I even went and exchanged it today at the store. Same result.

Tried ripping it with DVD Decrypter, DVD Fab decrypter, AnyDVD Ripper. They all block at the same place. VTS_01_4.VOB

New copy protection program? Anybody else having that problem?

thx

Backed up fine for me with anydvd and clonedvd2.

stanleycr,
Is yours also R1?

coldcase,
Never say “latest version”. Exactly what version of AnyDVD did you use please?

Yours is the second such report on P&P, see here:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=168864

Send your .IFO files to Slysoft for analysis. Here is how to do that:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/showpost.php?p=888927&postcount=29

If it is an encryption issue, wait 24-48 hours and AnyDVD will be updated to deal with it.

Best regards,
Whisperer

someone post the AnyDVD information window for this movie, please?

thanks

not mine, bur from another thread:

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 5.9.4.1)
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Media is a Data DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2042624 sectors (3989 MBytes)
Total size: 4061094 sectors (7931 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: PRIDE_AND_PREJUDICE
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1!

RCE protection not found.
DVD structure appears to be correct.
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!
Found & removed invalid VOBUs!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1

Using AnyDVD 5.9.4.1, CloneDvd2 = version 2.8.9.2. Tried DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0, DVDShrink, DVD Fab decrypter 2.9.7.2, AnyDVD Ripper. They all get stuck at exactly the same place.

Something is going on. I’ll send the IFO file to Slysoft.

Thanks. I’m not too interested in buying P&P but if it is a new encryption or protection, you are helping out others who buy it.

no problems backing up my copy of ‘pride and prejudice’ region 1…backed up with latest anydvd and dvd shrink…

backed it up pride and prejudice region 1 tonight with clonedvd 2892 & anydvd 5941 without a problem I guess it just goes to show once again … :bow: Clonedvd Rules! :bow:

After finding that the original DVD hangs while playing on 2 DVD readers and 2 standalone players, I pretty sure that this problem is due to “bad pressing” when the DVD was made.

2 new DVDs from the same store hang in players at the same place. That’s a defective batch that was released. Pretty sure of it.

yikes! that’s a serious problem!

i would attempt to contact the customer service department of the studio and see if they’re willing to do anything about it. i’d tell them that a very large forum turned up many members with the same problem in the same place on the disc and you yourse’f have been through 2 copies already. they may send you a new one or do some kind of recall (not likely)

I work at a video store, and I know if a person came back for a THIRD time with an opened brand new DVD that I’d have to credit off, I’d start to get a little annoyed. (not your fault, but we get screwed over every day!)

i’d take this above teh store level since it isn’t their fault and see if the company will take responsibility.

This has happened before. The remake of “Flight of the Phoenix” had a fairly large bad batch of dvd’s in our area. I returned 2 of them that failed in exactly the same place in the movie (the picture would break up and skip in my dvd player, and the computer would fail trying to read that particular vob). I basically told them they could either return my money - or feel free to keep giving me defective copies that I will continue to return, especially now that I know exactly where to test to see if it is bad. They returned my money.

Update:

So after being completly frustrated, I exchanged it for the “Full Screen” Version just to see… and “Viola!”

A successful back up was made.

Guess there’s a bad batch of widescreen that have been made. The full screen version I picked up was perfect.

Thx everybody.