Can't Back Up "Back Ups"

vbimport

We were getting together with friends for the weekend. I decided to bring four movies. Wolfman, The Good Guy, She’s out of my league and The Crazies.
I always plan ahead and put the movies in my car. The movies were the original as my friends don’t spend a lot of money on equipment, if you know what I mean. I didn’t want to bring back-ups and have them not work in their DVD player. Went to the gym and my car was broken into. Needless to say, the originals were stolen. Now I’m left with back-ups. The only thing is that I can’t back-up a back-up. Why? DVD Fab won’t allow it. On all four movies, it goes through analyzing, then freezes.

FAB will do a backup of a backup don’t know why you couldn’t do them maybe somebody else can help you, did you try full disk or clone mode?

[QUOTE=LDLDL;2529448]We were getting together with friends for the weekend. I decided to bring four movies. Wolfman, The Good Guy, She’s out of my league and The Crazies.
I always plan ahead and put the movies in my car. The movies were the original as my friends don’t spend a lot of money on equipment, if you know what I mean. I didn’t want to bring back-ups and have them not work in their DVD player. Went to the gym and my car was broken into. Needless to say, the originals were stolen. Now I’m left with back-ups. The only thing is that I can’t back-up a back-up. Why? DVD Fab won’t allow it. On all four movies, it goes through analyzing, then freezes.[/QUOTE]

What brand of media did you use when you made those backups ? also do those backups play ok ?

try using nero cd speed to scan for errors…e.g…damaged and/or bad sectors.

You can also try going into common settings-> “Protection” and un-check all the boxes and try do one of them.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2529465]

You can also try going into common settings-> “Protection” and[B] un-check all the boxes [/B]and try do one of them.[/QUOTE]

That works for me when everything else failed.

I’ve never had to uncheck anything myself but good to know

I’m so sorry I never replied to let you know what happened and to thank all of you who replied to my question.

The problem was my second burner. It’s bad! It won’t even burn complete images using Lightscribe! Now I just use one burner (Bluray) and everything is fine.

Again Thanks!!!

[QUOTE=LDLDL;2540859]I’m so sorry I never replied to let you know what happened and to thank all of you who replied to my question.

The problem was my second burner. It’s bad! It won’t even burn complete images using Lightscribe! Now I just use one burner (Bluray) and everything is fine.

Again Thanks!!![/QUOTE]

hmmm 6 months after your post :eek: no no don’t tell me let me guess…your clock running slow :bigsmile: LOL

Just kidding thans for getting back on this to let us know :clap:

If your still having trouble making a backup copy from a backup that you did please use something like nero CD/DVD speed to verify there is no bad or damaged sectors on the backup you are trying to copy, also since it is a backup there is no protection on it so you can just drag and drop the fiolder/files from the disc to your desktop and burn with ImgBurn…if there is no bad sectors on the disc.

Thanks! Everything is great now. I have an extra burner that I can use. Nothing like having two burners!!!

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2540872] since it is a backup there is no protection on it so you can just drag and drop the fiolder/files from the disc to your desktop and burn with ImgBurn…if there is no bad sectors on the disc.[/QUOTE]
SJ , At least for me drop & drag sometimes causes problems with the "copied " files . Test some done this way with DVDShrink & see if it works with all of them. Some will be refused .

@LDLDL , Since it was your burner you wouldn’t need this software & to use it with commercial disc you would need a decrypter like DVDFab’s Passkey or it’s competitor which I won’t mention here.
Check out h2cdimage. It is for badly scratched or damaged discs .
It has worked for me when nothing else would . I creates an .iso & only rips full size . The read me is in German & needs to be translated .
You would still need a software like DVDFab to compress it to a SL backup.

[QUOTE=LDLDL;2541192]Thanks! Everything is great now. I have an extra burner that I can use. Nothing like having two burners!!![/QUOTE]

Hey my friend

That good to hear your up and running :clap:

Yrah fjs always nice to have maore then one drive/burner that is why I have seven :bigsmile:

[B]SJ[/B]