Can't Back up a Zig Ziglar DVD - physical copy protection

Hi all. We had some employees attend a local motivaional seminar and got a free DVD of some Zig Ziglar material.

They’re letting everyone view the DVD around the office, and the problem is that the DVD’s getting scratched. I’m trying to back it up so we have a clean copy, but the disc has a small ring of random dots about a quarter inch in from the edge, so every program I’ve used so far fails to read.

What kind of protection is this, and how the heck do I back up this disc? Thanks for your help!

[QUOTE=nebulus;2208519]
but the disc has a small ring of random dots about a quarter inch in from the edge
[/QUOTE]
you mean holes? if so inner or outer edge?

the “dots” may be imperfections in the DVD, I don’t think they’re holes. It’s a small ring of them about 3/16-1/4 inch in on the outer edge of the DVD.

@nebulus
I would either try with Blindwrite 6 using the Automatic Profile,
or Alcohol 52%/120% using a custom profile to make an image of the disc:

• open [I]Image Making Wizard[/I]
  • choose the [I]Customize[/I] Datatype
  • tick [I]Skip reding errors[/I] and [I]Advanced Sector Scanning[/I]
  • start Image creation

Can all files of the DVD be drag&dropped to the hard disk ?
Assumed there is no copy protection it maybe simpy works by copying all files to HDD and run them from there.

[QUOTE=nebulus;2209725]the “dots” may be imperfections in the DVD, I don’t think they’re holes. It’s a small ring of them about 3/16-1/4 inch in on the outer edge of the DVD.[/QUOTE]
Can u post photo of the disc ?.( where u found the ring)