Can't add VIDEO_TS folders in Nero Express

Hi,

Just bought a new DVD burner which came bundled with Nero Express version 6.6.0.18. I simply want to create a DVD video using the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders I created from a Ulead project.

I use the option “Burn DVD-Video Files” but when I click the “Add files” button and attemp to copy my VIDEO_TS folder it will only copy the content of the folder i.e. BUP, VOB’s etc (but not the folder itself).

Alternatively if I use the option “Make Data DVD” I can copy my VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders and contents but NERO then gives a warning “You have added DVD video content to a compliation type that will not result in a DVD-Video compliant disk…etc”.

What am I doing wrong?

That’s the way it’s supposed to work. The “Burn DVD-Video Files” option creates a working DVD and the “Data” option archives the folders, they won’t play in your DVD player. Try it with a DVD RW.

I thought a working DVD needed at least a VIDEO_TS folder. Are you saying that I should use the “Burn DVD Video Files” option and just copy the content of this folder onto the DVD?

You MUST use the Burn DVD Video Files option.

Don’t worry that you just see the VOBs etc after you’ve added the Video_TS folder in the "Burn DVD etc… " option , this is perfectly normal.

Nero will create the correct structure on the DVD when it burns it so that it is compatible with DVD players.

Yes. Nero creates the _TS folders when you select the Burn DVD video files option.

Thanks guys - it works as you say.

Jolly good.