Can't access nero burning rom

vbimport

I’m running windows xp home sp2, dma enabled, WinXP IMAPI CD writing service is disabled. I have a 1 month old liteon sohw - 1673s, firmware version JS02. Have nero 6.6.0.8a, Incd 4.3.1.1 isnstalled. Hardware Information: CPU : Intel Pentium 4 3.0 oc @ 3450 MHz,Bus Speed :230 MHz, Motherboard :ABIT IC7-MAX3(Intel i875P-ICH5), Memory :1024 MB, Video : RADEON 9800 PRO. ASPI Information

System ASPI : ASPI is installed and working properly
WNASPI32.DLL : 4.71 (0002) 45056 bytes July 16, 2002
ASPI32.SYS : 4.71 (0002) 16877 bytes July 16, 2002
WINASPI.DLL : n/a 4455 bytes July 17, 2002
WOWPOST.EXE : n/a 3535 bytes July 17, 2002
Nero ASPI : ASPI is installed and working properly
WNASPI32.DLL : 2.0.1.74 164112 bytes October 26, 2004.

I’ve installed and uninstalled nero many times but it doesn’t help. I’ve burned 6 full dvd’s with no problem, now I want to buy acronis true image 8.0 and backup my c:/ hard drive. When I 1st install nero I get nero burning rom and have the info, multisession, iso, udf, label, dates, misc and burn tabs to choose from. When I close nero burning rom and try to open it again I get nero express, nero burning rom doesn’t come up. Can someone help?

if you click the buttom at the bottom of Nero Express that says, “Nero” it should open up Nero BurningROM. I’m not sure if you’ll have to do that everytime of it’s a one time deal.

When I click on nero I get info about nero burning rom. I just discovered that if I choose demo when nero burning rom 1st comes up I can access nero burning rom over and over again as long as I don’t fill in a serial #. :slight_smile: As soon as I enter a serial # I can’t get to NBR. Does the nero demo have all the features as the full version?

Honestly, I dont’ know what the difference between the Demo and the Full Version is. I think they;re the same but with a time limit on how many days it’ll work.

btw, is it an authetic serial you’re using? or is it a illegally obtained one? That could be your problem right there.

It’s an authetic serial #. A copy of nero came with my liteon sohw - 1673s. Thanks for the help vbguru12000.

Well then, I’m at a loss. My only last suggestion would be to contact Nero and see if they have a solution for you. Sorry I couldn’t be of any help.

If you have an OEM copy / code then it is possible that it is registered for NeroExpress only. I know that the AOpen drive I fitted to a friends PC came with nero express only & would not allow the full version of nero to be used.

In your case it does look like the code you have is to only allow NeroExpress to run & not the full version.

It looks like I have an OEM copy/code for NeroExpress, not the full version :sad: The mystery has been solved. Thanks for the clarification qwakrz.