Cant access BIOS

[qanda]This thread is about the Compaq flash memory card - 32 MB - MMC. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]i was trying to install a windows XP instead of the Windows Vista that the Compaq Presario SR2150NX that i have comes with. due to problems of not being able to detect the hard drive i tried to change the settings for the components hard drive from the Bios. i disabled one component thinking to leave just the IDE. now the boot is set for cd as first boot and cant access the BIOS to change the settings back. any help will be very appreciated.

Thanks

[QUOTE=chafiq555;2288521][qanda]This thread is about the Compaq flash memory card - 32 MB - MMC. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]i was trying to install a windows XP instead of the Windows Vista that the Compaq Presario SR2150NX that i have comes with. due to problems of not being able to detect the hard drive i tried to change the settings for the components hard drive from the Bios. i disabled one component thinking to leave just the IDE. now the boot is set for cd as first boot and cant access the BIOS to change the settings back. any help will be very appreciated.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

From what I know you have to do some kinda run around to force the vista MBR from the HDD in order for you to install XP. Also do a search on the web they should have info from people whom has gone from vista to xp. What does your question have to do with the flash memory??? You can’t access your BIOS I find that kinda hard to fanthom cause unless you corrupted it with bad flash or it’s password protected and in the latter case if so whom ever did that will have to remove the password. Otherwise you will have to call HP for help on that. Also if no password you should be able to change it to default settings and then go back and change the setup to correct settings. Also a quick search of that model in HP and it states a SATA drive not IDE so without knowing what is your exact computer make and model. Where shooting in the dark here. So go back and this time be more specific on make and model and problem???