Canon Printer CD printing and WIFI

Hi guys I regularly peruse this forum and signed up ages ago but now I have a question.
I’m located in the UK and I need a printer that has both WIFI and CD Printing.

I was going to get a Canon pixma 600r which has both these things. Sadly I left it too late and they are no longer available.

The only printer in the Canon range now that does both is the pixma mp980 but that costs between 230-346 British pounds (@321-481 US dollars).
I looked at the possibility of getting one of their silex units to add wifi functionality to one of the other printers but they cost over 100 pounds.

I willing to accept a printer with or without scanner/copying facilities, but I desperately want a Canon.

[B]I read on here ages ago that some of you Americans can get a cd printing tray separately to add in to certain canon models. Anyone have any more info about that?

I’d be particularly interested in hearing if anyone knows if this can be used with the pixma mp620 which has wifi but no cd printing[/B]

Sorry for the length of the post, thanks in advance for any help.

From what I could find, the MP620 is not able to print to cd/dvd. Have a look here for a list of Canon printers that can. Just scroll down the page to see it.

http://damnprinter.com/105/the-five-easy-steps.html

Any Canon that is disc capable and sold in the UK will have disc printing already enabled.

Google for the IP 6500, they are hard to find but when or if you do BUY IT. You will not be disappointed.

[QUOTE=weedougie;2237414]Google for the IP 6500, they are hard to find but when or if you do BUY IT. You will not be disappointed.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for that :)but I’ve googled and it appears to have gone the same way as the mp 600r.

As I’m not getting any answers re disc trays I may have to just go without until I can afford an mp 980.

[QUOTE=lilyx;2237690]
As I’m not getting any answers re disc trays I may have to just go without until I can afford an mp 980.[/QUOTE]

I guess I didn’t state it well. Any Canon printer that is disc printing capable will be sold in the UK with printing enabled and include a tray.