Canon printer CD/Dvd

vbimport

Just set up my new Canon i4920, trying something different from Epson for myCd/Dvds. Everything is working great, only problem, I can’t find any instructions on the Cd program, don’t know where it inserts,
or how it functions. Does any have any info I can use?T.I.A.

What program do you have?
Older models all used “CD-LabelPrint” which has help files. Generally you get best results by using an image file and setting it as “background”.

[QUOTE=CDan;2611382]What program do you have?
Older models all used “CD-LabelPrint” which has help files. Generally you get best results by using an image file and setting it as “background”.[/QUOTE]
CDan, thanks for the reply, i have several programs, at this point though thats not the problem, I have no instructions as to installing or running the CD program.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2611396] I have no instructions as to installing or running the CD program.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, not understanding - what program are you wishing to install? What came with the printer? Search the install CD for “CD-LabelPrint”. If it’s not there you can find it with Google. Latest Windows version is 1.4.2. The file is named: “cdlp-win-1_4_2-en.exe”

Wouldn’t surprise me if they left it out.

[QUOTE=CDan;2611409]Sorry, not understanding - what program are you wishing to install? What came with the printer? Search the install CD for “CD-LabelPrint”. If it’s not there you can find it with Google. Latest Windows version is 1.4.2. The file is named: “cdlp-win-1_4_2-en.exe”

Wouldn’t surprise me if they left it out.[/QUOTE]
I am trying to find out where the cd attachment goes in the printer and then the procedure for copying a label to disk,

It appears that you are not the only one to have a little trouble figuring that out :). Check the 3rd paragraph in this review for hints on how to get it done.

It uses Canon tray “G”, which will insert from the front after lowering the inner front door. The door itself should support the tray. But you don’t want to try to do that till the software calls for the tray.

I use Cd label print too, but Canon came out with new software version to specifically support the IP4920, it can be downloaded (for the rest of us). I dl’d it but haven’t installed yet, I think it should work with any Canon printer, the software is like a suite that does all print media. Its called “Easy Photo Print V4”.

[QUOTE=CDan;2611438]It uses Canon tray “G”, which will insert from the front after lowering the inner front door. The door itself should support the tray. But you don’t want to try to do that till the software calls for the tray.[/QUOTE]
I think I found where the Cd tray inserts, just cannot get it to print. Seems the printer keeps an error message " cannot print inner tray is open" The inner tray is the Cd tray ( I think), never had a problem setting up a printer, and I have installed at least 30/40 of all kinds, this one is a beaut! When/how does the software call for the tray, HTF did anyone make this so convoluted?

[QUOTE=eric93se;2611440]I use Cd label print too, but Canon came out with new software version to specifically support the IP4920, it can be downloaded (for the rest of us). I dl’d it but haven’t installed yet, I think it should work with any Canon printer, the software is like a suite that does all print media. Its called “Easy Photo Print V4”.[/QUOTE]

I wonder if both versions are interchangeable with all the printers? Sounds like CD-LabelPrint is easier to use.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2611447]I think I found where the Cd tray inserts, just cannot get it to print. Seems the printer keeps an error message " cannot print inner tray is open" The inner tray is the Cd tray ( I think), never had a problem setting up a printer, and I have installed at least 30/40 of all kinds, this one is a beaut! When/how does the software call for the tray, HTF did anyone make this so convoluted?[/QUOTE]

You just can’t insert the tray at all till it’s asked for. That happens after you go through the print dialog. You should be able to have the door open though, just no tray inserted. Make sure that “disc” is selected as the paper type.

Did you get it going???

On the IP4200, you first open the first tray in the front then there is a smaller door that has to be opened. Turn on the printer, then the button below the power button allows you to select where the blank media is going to come from (top feed or bottom feed), select bottom. Start the software and when you hit print it should do its thing and tell you when to insert the tray containing the disc. There should be an arrow/marker or line on the tray and printer to line up, it doesn’t have to be perfect but pretty close.

edit: Youtube video!

[QUOTE=eric93se;2611573]Did you get it going???

On the IP4200, you first open the first tray in the front then there is a smaller door that has to be opened. Turn on the printer, then the button below the power button allows you to select where the blank media is going to come from (top feed or bottom feed), select bottom. Start the software and when you hit print it should do its thing and tell you when to insert the tray containing the disc. There should be an arrow/marker or line on the tray and printer to line up, it doesn’t have to be perfect but pretty close.

edit: Youtube video![/QUOTE]
I have found out the basic procedure, thanks for your patience, will Canon work with any printer programs, I have some great ones, but don’t know if they will work with Canon. The label printer program is not very good.