Canon PIXMA 6000

vbimport

Can I print Printable CDs/DVDs on my Canon printer. What do I need to buy., a tray? At present I print on a paper cd label and put onto the CD. I also own a Lightscribe DVD burner, but the print is only in monchrome and it is very slow. When our the Full color Lightscribe burners comming out.

According to THIS, which is the primary source for info, the answer is yes. You need to buy a tray, which should be
"tray B". I’ve used THIS SELLER on ebay for trays. You get a genuine Canon tray plus instructions on enabling the disc print function. You also need to get the Canon software, which is available at the Canon-UKweb site.

I believe that model needs a roller assembly in addition to the tray to do the conversion correctly.
Some users have opted not to install the rollers (with some success) but I’d bet on the Canon engineers and install the rollers.
Check with your tray supplier.

It’ll work without the rollers, but you have to “help” the tray into the feed rollers inside. More of a convenience issue.

[QUOTE=jflan;2102982]I believe that model needs a roller assembly in addition to the tray to do the conversion correctly.
Some users have opted not to install the rollers (with some success) but I’d bet on the Canon engineers and install the rollers.
Check with your tray supplier.[/QUOTE]
If you decide to install the roller assembly, you will have to pry out an existing “blanking plate”.
Some of the tutorials show a typical flat-bladed screwdriver as the tool of choice. Avoid that and try to find and use an automotive “windshield stick”.
It’s made out of a high-density plastic (UHMW) and is less likely to leave pry marks on your printer.
They are a great pry tool for any delicate auto interior, computer or electronics task.
My local auto glass shop gave me mine.

Observe the new part to see where the clasps are so you can direct your efforts as the blanking plate attaches in the same way.