Canon MP830 - Tray D

vbimport

Any successful Canon MP830 tray conversions? If so, are you happy with the results?

Thanks,
David

can anyone please help me with cd-r tray D dimensions and some pictures.i’ve been triyng to make one at home…but i realy need the dimensions and some pictures to get an idea.thank you very much.

People stopped making trays when they became readily available online:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350152355825

But a clever person could take that photo of the tray and figure it all out.

Paying $24.00 for a “piece of plastic” sticks in the craw of some folks.
I balked a bit at the cost initially, I must admit.

When I got the package working I realized that it wasn’t just a “piece of plastic” at all.
I paid for some excellent engineering.

With what I know now, I wouldn’t waste my time trying to build a home-made tray.
Well, maybe if I was incarcerated with nothing else to do I might try it :bigsmile:

please,can someone with a cd-r d send me some pictures with the tray,or the dimensions of the tray.i know it is very easy to order one on the e-bay,but still,i want to try to make myself.thanks.

[QUOTE=mandricel;2201492]please,can someone with a cd-r d send me some pictures with the tray,or the dimensions of the tray.i know it is very easy to order one on the e-bay,but still,i want to try to make myself.thanks.[/QUOTE]
OK, up in post #3 there is a link.
If you open the link there is a picture of tray D.
Copy it.
We don’t know the scale of the pic, but we do know the dimensions of a CD or DVD.
Use those known dimensions to determine the scale and ultimately the correct dimensions of the tray.
Once you determine size, you may (resolution) be able to enlarge the pic to actual size and have a perfect template with a minimum of monkeying around.

Hint:
You might be able to use a full-size DVD case as part of your creation.