Canon IP4600 changing regional settings

vbimport

I am in Germany and purchased a Canon IP4600. I purchased ink tanks for the printer when I was back in the States. I bought the 220 and 221 ink tanks for the printer in America. When I tried to install them back in Germany the pop-up screen said i needed ink tanks 520 and 521. Is there a way to change the regional code so my printer recognizes the American ink tanks? Will it work if I change the regional code?

quite unbelievable what tricks they apply to make people buy local consumables.

To your question I think it’s hard coded into the printer to repel clever people like you…

[QUOTE=nj2berlin;2449892]I am in Germany and purchased a Canon IP4600. I purchased ink tanks for the printer when I was back in the States. I bought the 220 and 221 ink tanks for the printer in America. When I tried to install them back in Germany the pop-up screen said i needed ink tanks 520 and 521. Is there a way to change the regional code so my printer recognizes the American ink tanks? Will it work if I change the regional code?[/QUOTE]

If you ever found a solution to this problem, please let us know. We have the exact opposite problem. We bought a Canon Pixma MX870 in New York and then moved to Berlin. We need 220 and 221 ink tanks and all we find here is 520 and 521.

Hi and Welcome!

have you already tried to contact Canon support? Such a “region code” is nasty. Never thought that printer manufacturers go even that route.

I would also check if I ink is cheaper in the “home country” of the printer (including shipping and taxes) than in Germany.

Michael

what are you saying?
Canon 4600 4700 has 2 cartridge Number one of them is 220 221 and another one 520 521
you cant change it
you must buy cartridge chips with 521 code
221 wont work on 521