Canon IP4500 or Epson R280

vbimport

I can get the IP4500 for $99.99 or the R280 for $69.99. If you had to choose, whitch one would you purchase?:confused:

I will be printing mostly text documents and some digital photos, probably very few if any CDs or DVDs.

[QUOTE=RookieRipper;2152651]I can get the [B]IP4500[/B] for [B]$99.99 [/B]or the[B] R280 [/B]for [B]$69.99[/B]. If you had to choose, whitch one would you purchase?:confused:

I will be printing mostly text documents and some digital photos, probably very few if any CDs or DVDs.[/QUOTE]

The Canon will be cheaper to run, especially for documents. Canon uses a separate pigment black tank for text, where the Epson uses the same dye based black for everything.

[QUOTE=CDan;2152741]The Canon will be cheaper to run, especially for documents. Canon uses a separate pigment black tank for text, where the Epson uses the same dye based black for everything.[/QUOTE]

I own a Canon ip4300 and an Epson R280. If I had to choose based on you needs I’d have to agree with CDan and choose the Canon

It’ll only take a couple ink tanks to make up the difference between the cost of these 2 printers. I feel confident that in a year, the Epson will use more than a couple more tanks than the Canon will. I freely admit to being a Canon shill, but with 2 paper feeds and auto duplexing it’s a no-brainer for documents.

Thanks for the input guys, I went with the Canon.