Canon IP4300 cd-r tray problem

vbimport

hi
I have install the canon cdlabel print /
I have insert a blank printable cd(not a lable) I am try ing to print onto CD’s via CD label print.
when I insert the blank cd into the “surface F’” that comes with the printer and press print,nothing happends,
Error 1851 /It keeps telling me that the inner cover is open.
close the inner cover and presse resume,…

but I cant close the inner cover .because there is th tray with the disck…?so what should I do,please helpp…
I am using mac os.

thank you

Open your printer’s [B]Properties[/B] dialog box.
It should look like this just before you give the command to print a disc.

[QUOTE=hanbok;2151839]hi
I have install the canon cdlabel print /
I have insert a blank printable cd(not a lable) I am try ing to print onto CD’s via CD label print.
when I insert the blank cd into the “surface F’” that comes with the printer and press print,nothing happends,
Error 1851 /It keeps telling me that the inner cover is open.
close the inner cover and presse resume,…

but I cant close the inner cover .because there is th tray with the disck…?so what should I do,please helpp…
I am using mac os.

thank you[/QUOTE]

Are you in the USA? If so, did you follow the steps for enabling disc printing in the EEPROM?

http://pixma.ulmb.com/?p=176

Also good to note that you should NOT insert the tray until the software asks for it.

[QUOTE=CDan;2151894]
Also good to note that you should NOT insert the tray until the software asks for it.[/QUOTE]
This is a good point.
I have noticed that with some Canon printers the user must wait to be prompted to even [B]open the disc printing door.[/B]

great
it worked! thank you

just how can I print bordless on a disk,caz it comes with a line about 3 mm around the eges of the disk?

[QUOTE=hanbok;2152060]great
it worked! thank you

just how can I print bordless on a disk,caz it comes with a line about 3 mm around the eges of the disk?[/QUOTE]

Everything is well-documented in the CDLabelPrint help files. Click the “select paper” button and create a new template with the appropriate inner and outer diameters for your discs.