Canon IP4300 and aftermarket ink

Taping the exit port is not as postive as the orange cap and is prone to some fine mess-making.
I’ve tried it :o
Sounds like you have it under control now that you’ve recovered some of those caps.

Store your empties in an air-tight ziplock bag.
I cap the [B]bottom[/B] (of course), tape the [B]vent[/B] and then seal them in a ziplock. Snack size is perfect for one or two carts.
The object is to keep them from drying out.

[QUOTE=jflan;2136984]Taping the exit port is not as postive as the orange cap and is prone to some fine mess-making.
I’ve tried it :o
Sounds like you have it under control now that you’ve recovered some of those caps.

Store your empties in an air-tight ziplock bag.
I cap the [B]bottom[/B] (of course), tape the [B]vent[/B] and then seal them in a ziplock. Snack size is perfect for one or two carts.
The object is to keep them from drying out.[/QUOTE]

Good info. Thanks a million!

Does anyone know if I release the feature to detect the remaining ink level on my Canon IP4500 printer, is there any way to reenable this feature later?

[QUOTE=Thrasher;2141822]Does anyone know if I release the feature to detect the remaining ink level on my Canon IP4500 printer, is there any way to reenable this feature later?[/QUOTE]

I’m surprised no one has responded yet. I think, but I’m not sure, all you have to do is put an OEM cartridge in your printer. It will read the chip and start the meter. If I’m wrong, I hope someone corrects me.

I finally got the 3 color re-filled tanks (off Amazon) installed in my IP3500. They seem to be fine, I see no color shifts. One thing I do note is that the yellow and red have tanks that are 50% larger, with the sponge part being only about 1/2" wide. I don’t know if these are Canon tanks or not. But they “should” hold more ink.

[QUOTE=CDan;2147525]I finally got the 3 color re-filled tanks (off Amazon) installed in my IP3500. They seem to be fine, I see no color shifts. One thing I do note is that the yellow and red have tanks that are 50% larger, with the sponge part being only about 1/2" wide. I don’t know if these are Canon tanks or not. But they “should” hold more ink.[/QUOTE]
I’m curious as to what brand they are ?
Were the chips reset ?
It sound like they are aftermarket tanks, with under-size sponge and over-size reservoir. Canon has a unique dual-density sponge that the generics have not been able to duplicate. This is what makes the Canon tank desirable and superior.

JF
Who, by a weird twist of fate, is of to work tomorrow at HP Vancouver…you guessed it, the Imaging and Printing Division :rolleyes:
Not to worry, just a short term construction project :slight_smile:

The CLI-8 compatibles came from HERE. But they are in G&G packaging. It would appear that they are compatible tanks with Canon chips, reset.

Thanks CDan.
Let us know how you like them.

[QUOTE=jflan;2147887]Thanks CDan.
Let us know how you like them.[/QUOTE]

Working well enough to order some more. The same seller has 11-packs that average about $6 per tank.

[QUOTE=CDan;2147900]Working well enough to order some more. The same seller has 11-packs that average about $6 per tank.[/QUOTE]

I’d like to order some ink for my IP4300. Can you still recommend at this date? Thanks a million for your input.

I’ve been using the chipped tanks from LD.

http://www.ldproducts.com/

They almost always have a 10% off promotion going on if you get their email specials.