Canon chip resetter...finally

vbimport

Here’s a link to a discussion on the newly available Canon chip resetter(s).
I’m still using iP3000. 4000 and 5000 but it’s nice to see that I can step up to the newer models (someday) and maintain my current re-filling effectiveness.
A little spendy just yet, but hopefully the price will come down.

There are several different re-setting schemes right now. One of them requires the use of a special tank. I think it’s still too early to say that these re-setters are reliable.

Since nobody is making compatible chips, it still seems to depend on using OEM tanks.

[QUOTE=CDan;2083185]There are several different re-setting schemes right now. One of them requires the use of a special tank. I think it’s still too early to say that these re-setters are reliable. [/QUOTE]
Yes, there are three variants mentioned in the thread. This one is referred to as the “Chinese” resetter and it uses a dummy tank. I don’t think that this one will fly far…too much monkey-motion. There’s a YouTube video in the thread on this one.

The second is the RKS (black) which seems to be in short supply.
The third, which everyone is talking about (good success) is the REdSETTER.

Since nobody is making compatible chips, it still seems to depend on using OEM tanks.

I believe you will find aftermarket chips in the thread from the makers of the the REdSETTER.
It looks promising.

I would expect a Canon lawsuit much like the Epson one if someone starts selling compatible chips or chipped tanks. In any case, it’ll be interesting to see it play out.

[QUOTE=CDan;2083350]I would expect a Canon lawsuit much like the Epson one if someone starts selling compatible chips or chipped tanks. In any case, it’ll be interesting to see it play out.[/QUOTE]
Man, I hope Canon is above that.
Whenever I see or hear the word Epson, I think of that lawsuit and have a sudden urge to hold my nose.
The guys/gals @ Nifty-Stuff (the deepest Canon-friendly forum I know of) will definitely put the REdSETTER through its paces.
I’ll be watching that thread.

[QUOTE=CDan;2083185]There are several different re-setting schemes right now. One of them requires the use of a special tank. I think it’s still too early to say that these re-setters are reliable.

Since nobody is making compatible chips, it still seems to depend on using OEM tanks.[/QUOTE]From everything I’ve read I’d say it’s more a matter of what model printer you have. Canon def adjusted the firmware somewhat from the first chipped cart printers realizing that resetters were coming. The early chipped cart printers like the ip4200 take the reset cartridges without any problems, however more problems arise with the later printers.

I’m going to go out on a limb right now and say that happy times are here for Canon late-model owners.
Yippee !
From Nifty-Stuff Canon resetter thread today:

[QUOTE=jflan;2086239]I’m going to go out on a limb right now and say that happy times are here for Canon late-model owners.
Yippee !
From Nifty-Stuff Canon resetter thread today:[/QUOTE]

The IP-4200 is known to behave differently with chips than the IP4500.

my Ip6600 D is spitting out a full cartridge saying replace it wondering if getting one of these would be a worthwhile investment

[QUOTE=marcus_667;2086466]my Ip6600 D is spitting out a full cartridge saying replace it wondering if getting one of these would be a worthwhile investment[/QUOTE]
Need more info, is it rejecting a refilled cart or a new, genuine Canon cart ?

SVP has an Epson chip reseter for £2:98 inc VAT, see here:-
http://svp.co.uk/product/jet_tec_ink_level_resetter_svp335
They will have to reduce the price somewhat for the Canon before I would buy it.

The latest reports from Nifty-Stuff :