Canon CD-Labelprint - using CD labels instead of direct CD printing

[QUOTE=Seán;2239158]If you are able to return the printer, another brand worth checking is Canon’s Pixma range with CD printing support. The 3-year old Pixma ip5200 I have is pretty quick at printing on the coated CD & DVDs and the CD labelling software Canon bundles with the printer is pretty impressive. If you’re looking to create text effects, it’s at least as sophisticated as Microsoft Office’s Wordart.

The following is an example of a little bit of messing around with its text tool:[/QUOTE]

Hi,

I have an i865 and I am testing CD-LabelPrint these days… however, it seems to me this software limits to CDtray printing, what about paper labels to stick on CDs?

Any suggestion or alternatives?

Thank you
Alex

From what I recall, CD-LabelPrint gave me a choice of printing direct to CD or to a label. I know for the CD it gives the option to specify the inner and outter diameter printing limits and restricts printing to Canon printers…

I’ll check again this evening when I return home and see if it prints something on plain paper. :wink:

[QUOTE=Seán;2239669]From what I recall, CD-LabelPrint gave me a choice of printing direct to CD or to a label. I know for the CD it gives the option to specify the inner and outter diameter printing limits and restricts printing to Canon printers…

I’ll check again this evening when I return home and see if it prints something on plain paper. ;)[/QUOTE]

Hi,

it does indeed, but only jewel cases and not a disc label and…I do not see any option to add a new label :rolleyes:

Alex

On CD-LabelPrint here, it gives the media selection when I go to print the label.

To give an example, I opened up the test label I created earlier:

I carried out the following:

[ol]
[li]Clicked on ‘Print’, then clicked on ‘Printer…’ on the dialogue that appeared.[/li][li]Clicked ‘Properties…’ next to printer-drop down field.[/li][li]Selected “Plain Paper” for Media Type drop-down field.[/li][li]A warning appears saying that the paper source has been set to “Paper Feed Switch.”. I clicked ‘OK’[/li][li]On the “Page Setup” tab, I selected “A4” from the Paper Size drop-down field.[/li][li]Finally, I clicked ‘OK’ twice to both dialogues in succession and finally clicked ‘Print’.[/li][/ol]

It gives a message saying to insert “CD-R tray C” sized paper. I clicked ‘OK’ and the following was printed on the A4 sheet:

I don’t have any CD label sheets handy, so I’ve no idea what size the label sheet actually is and where the peelable label is physically positioned on it. However, it may be worth trying these steps and experimenting with the print position top & left fields (when you press ‘Print’) to align it up, assuming your printer lets you print CD labels using the standard paper feeder also.

[QUOTE=Seán;2239878]On CD-LabelPrint here, it gives the media selection when I go to print the label.

To give an example, I opened up the test label I created earlier:

I carried out the following:

[ol]
[li]Clicked on ‘Print’, then clicked on ‘Printer…’ on the dialogue that appeared.
[/li][li]Clicked ‘Properties…’ next to printer-drop down field.
[/li][li]Selected “Plain Paper” for Media Type drop-down field.
[/li][li]A warning appears saying that the paper source has been set to “Paper Feed Switch.”. I clicked ‘OK’
[/li][li]On the “Page Setup” tab, I selected “A4” from the Paper Size drop-down field.
[/li][li]Finally, I clicked ‘OK’ twice to both dialogues in succession and finally clicked ‘Print’.
[/li][/ol]

It gives a message saying to insert “CD-R tray C” sized paper. I clicked ‘OK’ and the following was printed on the A4 sheet:

I don’t have any CD label sheets handy, so I’ve no idea what size the label sheet actually is and where the peelable label is physically positioned on it. However, it may be worth trying these steps and experimenting with the print position top & left fields (when you press ‘Print’) to align it up, assuming your printer lets you print CD labels using the standard paper feeder also.[/QUOTE]

Hi,

Unfortunately, at the very end of the process, the status monitor window (the one with the warning exclamation mark) pops up and say:

The CD-R Tray Feeder is not installed in the printer.
Install the CD-R Tray Feeder correctly. Next, insert the CD-R tray with a printable disc in the CD-R Tray Feeder and press the RESUME button. Printing will then restart

No chance this way.
I only could see a possibility printing via the paper selection and be able to create a new label called “disc”, but it seems not to be possible unless somebody know the way via the registry :smiley:

This is really a pity because I’d like to use one single application for discs and labels printing.

More ideas are welcome!

Thanks
Alex

Hey, guys…any ideas? :rolleyes:

Alex

I print direct with Acoustica, but it seems like there is is list of a ton of different label-stock mfr’s in one of the dialogue boxes.
My point being, I think that you need a software that will sync your printer with your particular brand of label stock.

These two offer free trials :
http://www.acoustica.com/cd-label-maker/index.htm
http://www.surething.com/St/Category.asp?CatCode=DOWNLOADS