Cannot upgrade to Win 8.1

vbimport

I am trying to update from Win 8 to Win 8.1. When I try the upgrade I get the message that I have to get the most recent Win 8 upgrades. Have done so, definitely have the most recent updates, Still cannot get to upgrade to Win 8.1, still says to update. The only one I get in the store now is the purchase. Upgraded to Win8.1 several times and never had a problem. I am using Win 8 Pro. No luck. Any help greatly appreciated.

Try running the Windows 8.1 troubleshooter, found on this page: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/why-can-t-find-update-store

The link is in the first paragraph.

I had the same problem, let me know if the troubleshooter works for you, It didn’t work for me and I had to roll back my computer

Can someone that has upgraded from 8.0 to 8.1 on a PC tell me what the advantages are?
When I got this new HP Win 8 almost a year ago I decided to give the metro interface a sincere, lengthy tryout. After awhile I found myself using it less and less. I found too many features missing and too much frustration in continued use. I love the look and the concept but for me the implementation was lacking.
I’m wondering what is so different in 8.1? With all the upgrade issues I continue to read about I question if upgrading is worth the risk.
I don’t want to upgrade and find out my Photoshop CS2 no longer working or I have hardware problems where before I had none.
In short, I would like to know if the 8.1 improvements are worth taking a chance.
I should also say, I am for the most part in the Google environment. I have a Android phone, a Chromebook, use the Chrome browser and most of Google’s cloud services.
For me a PC is still mostly about the desktop mode and using programs to drive hardware to accomplish a desired result.

You should always update to the latest service pack. Otherwise your system is not up to date and you may encounter problems that were fixed by service pack.

Whenever you encounter a problem and post in a forum, you wil find that the first suggestion is to install the service pack.

Have you run a Belarc Advisor to see if yousystem is indeed up to date as far as windows update.

[QUOTE=Arroyo;2730802]Can someone that has upgraded from 8.0 to 8.1 on a PC tell me what the advantages are?[/QUOTE]

Support for 8.0 has ended definetly.

I may be repeating other posts here, but sometimes the updater gets “confused”. Follow the instructions here exactly and it should put you right.

1. Scan and repair system files

Open an Elevated Command Prompt - press the keys Windows + X and selecting Command Prompt (Admin).

Run the following command: sfc /scannow

(This scans the integrity of all protected system files and repairs files with problems when possible. It will take a few minutes but it has a progress indicator.)

1. Troubleshoot and repair Windows Update

Open Troubleshooting from the Control Panel.
Select System and Security and from this screen choose Windows Update - Resolve problems that prevent you from updating Windows.

Select - Troubleshooting and repairing Windows Update -Run it as Administrator, otherwise it will ask you to do so on the next screen, then it will try to resolve issues it finds. Usually it finds some stuff to fix.

1. Reboot
    Don’t skip this step, no matter how bad you want to.

2. Run Windows Update
    You will see that your update history has been wiped out completely and even those updates will be found that you previously chose to hide. Install the updates you need, chances are it will work just fine. After you’re done, probably you better reboot again, most updates will ask for it anyway.

If this trick doesn’t solve your problem, I’m not sure what will, but it always helped me out so far.