Cannot tune panasonic DMR-EH50 to channels

vbimport

Hi we have had the Panasonic DMR-EH50 for a while no and we have never been able to tune in the channels only 1 and 2 all the wires are in correct with the operating instructions please help, thank you very much

Where are you located, US Europe etc. and how do you get your signal(antenna, cable, satellite? If you’re in the US and hooked to an antenna, the analog tuner in the EH-50 will no longer tune the high powered broadcasts. You will need a digital to analog converter box and hook to one of your EH-50’s line inputs.

In the Uk

didgi box

Whatever “didgi box” output connection is made to an input connection on the Panasonic, that input has to be selected as the viewing/recording source.

If the input connection is composite yellow video, white/red audio, usually line inputs L1 or L2, that is the viewing/recording source.

If the input connection is RF then a “channel scan” should “find” that source, as long as the device providing the signal is “active,” and that should be the viewing/recording source.

If the input connection is SCART then that connection should be selected as the viewing/recording source. That signal may need to be "active–I don’t know. (I’m in the US so I’m unfamiliar with SCART connections and functionality.)

The DMR-EH50 Operating Instructions will illustrate and describe the connectivity variations as well as functional and operational procedures.

I don’t own a hard drive equipped Panasonic recorder. (I own basic US model Panasonic DVD recorders.) I understand that the hard drive equipped models have unique operational characteristics with which I’m unfamiliar.

Is this what you mean by “Digi” box?
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/archive/0/03/20090324035750!DVD_recorder.jpg