Cannot successfully burn DVD

vbimport

I am atempting to copy some vidoe files from my hard drive to a DVD-R using nero but I am just making coasters. Sometimes I get an error straight away, other times I get so far and then get an error. I’ve tried making a data disc and a vidoe(DVD) disc but everything just errors.

The extract from the error log is given at the end of the post.

I have used the DVD-R media previously so I am discounting this as the cause. I have a Sony 4 speed drive.

Anything I can try?

Thanks.

[00:16:06] DVDEngine …New VOB 1
[00:16:06] DVDEngine …>VOB: VOBN=1, VOB_IDN=1, SA=0
[00:16:06] DVDEngine …VOB1 CELL0 VOBU0 VOBU_S_PTM 33270 VOBU_E_PTM 36870 (51)
[00:16:06] DVDEngine ########################################################################################
[00:16:06] DVDEngine ERROR
[00:16:06] DVDEngine cause: 2 (internal_error)
[00:16:06] DVDEngine source: _VOBS
[00:16:06] DVDEngine description: Failed to append VOBU.
[00:16:06] DVDEngine ########################################################################################
[00:16:06] DVDEngine DumpExceptionInformation(): Caught SEH Exception 0xe06d7363 during encoding
[00:16:06] DVDEngine DumpExceptionInformation(): Exception was raised from C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll at RVA 0x0001eb33
[00:16:06] DVDEngine ERROR
[00:16:06] DVDEngine cause: 128 (nmc_processing_exception)
[00:16:06] DVDEngine source: _VOBS::_M_do_guarded_processing ()
[00:16:06] DVDEngine description: Exception during encoding
[00:16:06] DVDEngine ******END: _VOBS - Process VOB
[00:16:06] DVDEngine ****END: VTSTT_VOBS#41 - Process Create
[00:16:06] DVDEngine **END: Create - VTSTT_VOBS#41
[00:16:06] DVDEngine DVDENGINE exception caught.
[00:16:06] DVDEngine END: IDVDVideoSessionImpl - CreateVOBs
[00:16:06] DVDEngine BEGIN: DVDSessionBase - RegisterCallback
[00:16:06] DVDEngine …Session callback unregistered… :confused:

What part of nero are you using to burn your video files to DVD ie: nerovision express / nero photo and video. Also are you getting errors burning data to a CD or just to a DVD

I have tried all of the nero software inclusing just trying to make a data disk - but predominently I’ve tried to percivere with nerovision express.

I upgraded the software recently (to the latest version 6 patches) and to be honest I haven’t tried burning a CD since, although it did work OK. I’ll give this a try tonight and let you know.

Regards

burning data to CD on the drive and making a small VCD works fine.
Could it be my BulkPaq DVD-R media that is the problem?
Should I try a different brand or different format?

Thanks,

To make sure your drivers are all working properly, you should get a good quality DVD+RW (get a major brand such as Memorex, TDK, LG, Samsung, etc). Try to make the data DVD using this disc. If it works, then most likely it’s you media problem. Get better brand DVD if this is the case. I know some good quality but inexpansive source that’s been working good for me if you need it. If it doesn’t work, then it’s most likely driver or comparability problem. If this is the case, then you may need tech support from the Nero or one of the techies here.

P.S. Seeing from your error log, it seems more of driver issue not media because if it were media, it would probably make a error message with something like “cannot write to disc” or “fail to write to media”. but you should try above first to make sure. Rewritable disc can also prevent you from wasting DVDs.

Try writing at a slower speed, say 4x, and give this a try. I don’t use bulkPaq so am unable to give an opinion on them.

If you are using a different media for CD’s then I would say yes your problem is with the BulkPaq media.