Cannot start hardware device

vbimport

I have a TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-L532A and the computer is not seeing the drive. Under device status it states: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged (Code 19).

When I try to click on troubleshoot nothing happens.

Can somebody please help.

Did you just install the device?
I need more information please.
Start with going to device manager, remove the device, and reboot and let windows auto detect the device, and let windows choose the proper driver for the device. If that doesn’t work, you will need to remove the device, and edit the registry to remove all instances of the device. Make sure you back up the registry before you make any changes, and be VERY careful not to delete anything other than entries related to the drive in question.

I have a problem like you with TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-L532A device. Did somebody help you? could you help me?

[QUOTE=stevie74;999287]I have a TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-L532A and the computer is not seeing the drive. Under device status it states: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged (Code 19).

When I try to click on troubleshoot nothing happens.

Can somebody please help.[/QUOTE]

This helped me with my problem: Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged (code 19)

Or this MS Knowledge Base article, which also supplies a “quick fix” tool:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060/ :slight_smile:

Michael