Cannot read dvd-rw (LG GSA-H55N)

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the LG GSA-H55N. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]Hi guys. My old lite on drive has expired so i replaced it with new lg drive as it said on the box it supported all formats. Everything works but it will not read dvd-rw.
I use this media for my canon camcorder. My lite on drive and cyberlink ultra softwear previously had no problem.
The drive powers up but nothing is displayed. If i try the cyberlink softwear it says the format is not supported by windows.
I have tried cyberling and LGwebsite but with no luck.

Your help oh masters would be greatly appreciated.

Robbo:bow:

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

I think that the cause is the RW disc. Different drives have different reading capabilities, and apparently your old Liteon was a better reader than the current LG.

Try to read the discs with a different drive. You can as a friend to do a little test, just to see if the disc is readable or not.

Try also to use a brand new disc on the camcorder and see if the LG is able to read that disc. Rewritable media can become unreadable very quickly :frowning:

Hi thanks for prompt reply.
Have tried in friends burner and it can read disk. my camcorder on its own can read the dvd-rw
So i assume it is not disk.
I have tried other dvd-rw in drive and it cannot read them.

Any ideas

Thanks Robbo

Try to update firmware on the LG drive. Maybe newest version improved media readability :slight_smile:

thanks for reply.
have updated firmware to latest version.
No luck.

Thanks for trying

Robbo

It seems definitely that the LG doesn’t like RW media

Apparently the only solution seems a new drive :frowning: