Cannot read a Burned DVD!

Hi,
I copied some dvd a few weeks ago, and i used Sony DRX510UL 4x USB 2.0 DVD±RW (External) to copy few DIVX movies. The media i used was Infinity DVD +R . Now i cannot read it on my curent laptop DVD player which is a TSST CORP TSL462C DVD/RW. What might be the reason. When i insert the DVD, i can see the light keeps burning in the DVD drive, but cannot see any data in the drive. My laptop even gets stuck while its trying to read. I’d appriciate any help.
Thanx in advance,
Kind Regards,
Zath.

By what you said just having a dvd drive doesn’t allow you to watch dvd’s you need power dvd ot windvd to watch the mothies. Unless windows media play can play it but doubt it can.

By what you said just having a dvd drive doesn’t allow you to watch dvd’s you need power dvd ot windvd to watch the mothies. Unless windows media play can play it but doubt it can. Sorry for the double post I got some sort of error from your board…

I do have Power DVD and AnyDVD installed in my laptop, still cannot get it read. Thanx for your reply…I would really appriciate if anyone comes up with an idea to rectify this problem, cuz i have around 45 of my movies backed up in the same way and cannot get it read on my laptop. But the thing is it worked on my old laptop which i dont know what dvd player it had (and now i sold it).

Zath.

What is the mediaID you used to burn these DVDs? Is the TSST a new DVD player for you? It sounds like it might be more picky about reading the media unlike your older DVD player. You might have to shell out some money to pick up a better DVD player that would tolerate DVD movies burned on inferior media. Since PowerDVD and AnyDVD doesn’t seem to work for you and I assumed it worked in the past on your old laptop, it sounds like either

a) the Infinity DVD+R (btw, did you set the booktype of the +R media to -R?) is degraded to the point it can’t be read by your player (this is unlikely but try a number of your other burned DVDs to see if they work)
b) your new DVD player doesn’t tolerate the Infinity media you burnt the DVD media on (you could try reburning a copy of your DVD onto better media like Verbatim or Sony DVD "-"R to enhance the chance it will be read)
c) or something else :stuck_out_tongue:

You right :iagree: , i tried all of the DVD’s today and some of the DVD’s did work, But i cant understand the booktype thing, and how i migt have set +R to -R. So there is no way that i can get the other spoilt DVD’s work is it? But thank you for your help…But if any one who can give me an idea how to recover the data on the spoilt DVD’s then please let me know…
Cheers,
Kind Regards,
Azzath.