Cannot play subtitle for divx

vbimport

I have a problem. When I want to watch DIVX movies on my dvd recorder Panasonic DMR eh 59, I cant watch with the subtitle because it is not identified by the dvd. What can I do?

[QUOTE=timber111;2490375]I have a problem. When I want to watch DIVX movies on my dvd recorder Panasonic DMR eh 59, I cant watch with the subtitle because it is not identified by the dvd. What can I do?[/QUOTE]
Check the manual for your player to see what format of subtitles it supports with DivX; it took me several attempts before I found out that my player was looking for a separate .srt file with the same name as the DivX movie and just ignored any subtitle streams within the movie file.

As a last resort, you can hard-code subtitles into your DivX file using Virtualdub and vobsub/textsub (or AviSynth). There is loads of help available on doing this at www.videohelp.com

Slainte

midders

Please don’t PM me with this sort of stuff; put it in the original thread so that everyone can benefit from it.

Hard-coding subs into an avi will always take a significant amount of time because the whole video stream must be re-encoded. There is no way around this; it will just get faster as processor speeds increase.

If this is a problem that you encounter frequently then I would suggest that you buy a new DVD player that supports modern .divx files and/or mkv, mp4 etc. or a multimedia streamer.

Slainte

midders

You can use convertxtodvd, it’s support subtitle add.

If anyone could help me understand why does some players support Eng sub but not other subtitles such as Arabic (.str file)

I know how to convert the subtitle form .srt to (.idx based on bitmap image) to make it work with WDTV and DvD players. However i just what to know the process so i can understand it myself.

I though that usually .srt file wont be recognized by some media players or dvd players because some of them wont include the Arabic alphabet, is that right or wrong?

If they included, the DvD or media player will process the alfabet as arrangement of numbers such as the word “Forum” 6, 15, 21, 13

F= 6 in the alphabet

O= 15 in the alphabet

and so on…

Is that right or wrong?