Cannot play music after uninstalling Alcohol 120

I recently tried to burn a music cd, but ever blank cd I put in my cd writer was reading as full. I had recently installed Alcohol 120, and used it to mount an image on a temporary drive. Since that was the last thing I did prior to the problem, I uninstalled Alcohol 120 using its uninstall program. I am still having the same problem, plus I get an error (C00D1197) that I cannot play a music disk in either my cd writer drive or cd/dvd drive. They do however read other types of disks.

I tried to uninstall both drives in device manager. When I just reinstall the Samsung dvd-rom it works fine (able to play music cds). But when I reinstall the HP CD-Writer (usb device) I revert back to the same problem.

Can anyone please help?

I believe this is a windows media player error message

Warning If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that you can solve problems that result from using Registry Editor incorrectly. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.To resolve this problem, follow these steps:1. Start Registry Editor and find the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\MediaResources\mci
2. Export the cdaudio key, and then delete the cdaudio key.
3. Restart your computer, and then try to play an audio CD.

Info taken from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;834483