Cannot play DVD (copy protected)

vbimport

Hi I cannot play a DVD on my PC using Pioneer 115BK and Windows Media Player 11…

The driver of my GeForce 8600 GTS is the latest, Vista Ultimate is fully updated
My DVD is made Region Free…
Windows answer "that there is a problem with the digital copy protection, be´tween the DVD drive, the decoder and the graphic card…

The DVD is original from Warner bros… I can play it in a normal codefree DVD player, but not in PC.

A Ray Scanner tells me this… [12:07:35] — File(s) Scan Finished [0.01s] —
[12:07:43] DvdCrypt CSS/CPPM detected -> E:\JUSTICE_LEAGUE_ON_TRIAL [894D8219]

I do not want to back it up… just to play for my son…

Do I have to use any tool?
Thanks in advance.
Regards

I forgot to say that I also have installed K-Lite codec pack…

Regards

more info…
VLC player plays the same DVD without issue…
So maybe I need some kind of plug-in or else to use WMP11.

I can play DVD not copy protected with WMP11 too… so there must be more to do.

Regards

WMP, especially 11 is a piece of crap, stick with VLC & you don’t need the codec pack with it.

Thanks for the answer…
I like WMP11 and I cannot play the DVD protected with Media Center in Vista Ultimate 32 bit either…

So I would like to help to play them with WMP11 and MCE…
Regards

[QUOTE=bimbobo;2107851]Thanks for the answer…
I like WMP11 and I cannot play the DVD protected with Media Center in Vista Ultimate 32 bit either…

So I would like to help to play them with WMP11 and MCE…
Regards[/QUOTE]

Your WMP11 probably stuck with to much DRM from vista to make it work properly. This is the sticking point with alot of Vista users is the heavy handed DRM interfering with user rights. This is one reason alot of people tend to not like Vista. I for one am sticking to XP sp3 pro.

The issue is not WMP11 or how good Vista is or it is not…
I have a laptop with Vista Business SP1 32 bit and WMP11 and a Mashita DVD/CDRW, which plays the same protected DVD 100%

I believe it is something on the Pioneer 115 which is also a DVDRW or another kind problem on my desktop…
I think is the Pioneer… but I’ll wait the gurus here to see what the write about it.

Regards

[QUOTE=bimbobo;2107898]The issue is not WMP11 or how good Vista is or it is not…
I have a laptop with Vista Business SP1 32 bit and WMP11 and a Mashita DVD/CDRW, which plays the same protected DVD 100%

I believe it is something on the Pioneer 115 which is also a DVDRW or another kind problem on my desktop…
I think is the Pioneer… but I’ll wait the gurus here to see what the write about it.

Regards[/QUOTE]

Microsoft puts blocking code to keep you from watching DVDs if you have any DeCSS keys on your machine. The only workaround is watching it with VLC (file->open disc) or format and don’t try to copy DVDs anymore.