Cannot login in 192.168.1.1

i am trying to configure resetting my zyxel p660hw-d1 wireless router,when i enter the web the router says"the server 192.168.1.1 at p660hw-d1 needs a username and password", i tried using admin/admin,admin/1234,zyxel/1234 still i cannot log in. please help

Usually routers have a reset button. Hold button in for a couple of minutes to reset.

[QUOTE=scotton;2302537]Usually routers have a reset button. Hold button in for a couple of minutes to reset.[/QUOTE]

Make sure to unplug the power as well when you do that…

i have reset the router still in the web configurator display"the server 192.168.1.1 at p660hw-d1 needs username and password" but using c:command at telnet i can open 192.168.1.1 password 1234 but i do not how to configure it? pls anyone help…

configure it using the browser and router GUI, of course.

Did you buy this router from someone?

Most routers use either admin/admin or admin/password for username and password. You should call Zyxel support if you have trouble configuring the router, or your ISP might help if they support that router.

Most routers use 192.168.0.1 but yours may be different. Zyxel shows username as admin and no password.

Over the years I’ve used 5 different routers, and only 1 (an old AT&T router) used 192.168.0.1. Is the router connected to the computer? It must be connected in order to access it to do initial setup.

ZyXEL P-660HW-D1 series manual.

BTW, power must be on when you reset unit. :wink: