Thanks for the reply, Phil, I had found this before I posted here but it didn't help me and here's why:
- Click Start, and then click Run.
- In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
- On the File menu, click Export.
- In the File name box, type savedkey, and then click Save.
- Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type UpperFilters, and then click Delete on the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
Note If this data type is missing, go to Method 2.
7. Click the REG_MULTI_SZ data type LowerFilters, and then click Delete on the Edit menu. When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
8. Quit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
I was able to do all of the steps from 1-5..
I get to 6 and there is no UpperFilters or LowerFilters or REG_MULTI_SZ...
So I went to method 2 and loaded the device manager..
The CD burner showed up but had no drivers.. so I installed them and now it works.. however the DVD burner has a yellow ! next to it.. and it says it cannot locate the device.. what do I do to have it find my DVD burner so I can install the drivers for it and use it?