Cannot load ogg plugin in Latest Nero 5.5.10.28

I simply can’t get it working! it did work with the previous versions, but now it’s not displayed anymore in nero’s encoding dialog! I put the NXMYOGG.DLL from http://neroplugins.cd-rw.org/ into

E:\Programme\Brennen\Nero\Shared\AudioPlugins

directory, started nero and - nada! no ogg plugin. all others are there, but not ogg.

and also the realone plugin is flawed:

http://neroplugins.cd-rw.org/files/nxmyreal.zip

when selecting the properties of the dll file, explorer crashes. who programmes those plugins?!!

also an old problem with nero persists - when starting nero, and switching to IE, while nero is still starting, a problem occurs with Internet explorer - the scrollbar (in case the page is long enough and there’s a scrollbar) starts jumping like mad, until nero starts.

hope somebody can help me with the ogg plugin

Works for me, Ogg that is, no idea about Real stuff though

Works for me also

Did you "re-install"the plug-ins again…i mean afther you installed the nero update??

Originally posted by damiandimitri
[B]Works for me also

Did you "re-install"the plug-ins again…i mean afther you installed the nero update?? [/B]

yes, after the update I went to http://neroplugins.cd-rw.org/ and downloaded the newest versions, then put the dlls into the Nero\Shared\AudioPlugins directory. started nero - ogg is not there.

strange

did you download the complete pakcage…or every plug-in one by one

could you try to download ogg as a single file and try again

ok, I found out why it didn’t work, but you won’t believe me if I tell you. imagine, the Ahead guys must have confused windows with Unix systems. why? because the plugins are not loaded if they begin with a capital letter! What an utter bullshit! nxMYOGG.DLL works, but not NXMYOGG.DLL! come on, what is this? I found out just by accident. Don’t I have already enough problems on unix with file names? now nero comes and gives me the same headache on windows! and this shit is mentioned nowhere. as always I had to solve the problem myself. :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

lol

haha…

if i am correct that is also said on the website where you download the plug-ins from…not that i read the info files first…grin

what i ask myself is…why does the first letter change to a Cap for some people…and not with others…

my plug-ins worked with out adjusting the firstletter

• Nero Burning ROM version 5.5.9.0 or higher is required.
  • Unzip the plugin DLL into “…\Ahead\Shared\AudioPlugins” directory.
  • The first two letters of the plugin DLL name must be “nx” in lower case, otherwise it will not be loaded by Nero Burning ROM.

Originally posted by damiandimitri
- The first two letters of the plugin DLL name must be “nx” in lower case , otherwise it will not be loaded by Nero Burning ROM.

must have overlooked that part. anyway, it’s stupid. why must they be in lower case?we are not on unix, after all. Bill Gates created an easy to use system for the average people, now ahead comes and tries to make an unix out of it.

perhaps it is caused by Nero, not windows

WRFan:

The downloadable zip file contains nxMyOgg.dll. Hence if you used any reasonable Win32 (not DOS) extractor, e.g., WinZip, you should have obtained nxMyOgg.dll. This name wouldn’t change if you copied or moved this file to the required folder in a Windows-recommended way, e.g., via Windows Explorer. All this is easily done by an average guy who follows Bill Gates’s recommendations.

Thus it’s hard to guess what went wrong in your case, especially because your posts indicate a strong preference for lowercase vs uppercase, and thus make renamings to “nxmyogg.dll” more likely than to “NXMYOGG.DLL”.

Of course I’m trying to joke here, and I agree with you that Ahead’s insistence on lower-case “nx” is not intuitive. I guess it would be easy for Ahead to remove this restriction, but they are bombarded with so many requests. Frankly, if I worked for Ahead, I would probably wait until more users complained before taking any action.:cool:

Originally posted by KCK
[B] WRFan:

The downloadable zip file contains nxMyOgg.dll. Hence if you used any reasonable Win32 (not DOS) extractor, e.g., WinZip, you should have obtained nxMyOgg.dll. This name wouldn’t change if you copied or moved this file to the required folder in a Windows-recommended way, e.g., via Windows Explorer.[/B]

I used winrar to decompress and then simply copy pasted the dll to the nero directory. of course I didn’t pay attention to what case the file had, so I can’t tell you how this happened, all I can say is that I of course didn’t change the case of the letters.

If ahead wants to change the way windows works, then at least they could talk this over with Bill Gates. After all, it’s his system. Such shit really creates insecurity - Gates says case doesn’t matter, so I don’t pay attention to it, then ahead comes and radically changes the rules. It’s as if Ahead told us to cross the street when the red light flashes, not the green one. :frowning:

agree with you that Ahead’s insistence on lower-case “nx” is not intuitive. I guess it would be easy for Ahead to remove this restriction, but they are bombarded with so many requests. Frankly, if I worked for Ahead, I would probably wait until more users complained before taking any action.:cool:

Well, I am not asking for a favour. I DEMAND that ahead removes this restriction, because it’s in discord with windows rules.

Man oh man, what’s happening in this world? first america forces the whole world to go the american way in their “anti-terrorist” struggle, and now the germans (Ahead) strike back and try to change the way the all-american system Windows works. What’s next? Islamist terrorists forcing innocent consumers to type from right to left, just because that’s the way people spell in Arab countries? It’s like Bush told us - “the world has changed”. seems windows is changing with it.