Cannot install Trial Version Nero 9

vbimport

Hello,

I had Nero 8 installed but didn’t like it so I went back to Nero 7. I uninstalled Nero 7 and ran the latest nero cleaning tool General-CleanTool_2_2_0_37.exe. I rebooted my machine. I made sure there were no nero folders left on my system. I ran the clean tool one more time and rebooted. I downloaded the latest trial and I get this message - The serial number has expired. Please enter a valid serial number. I installed mere I moments after downloading the latest trial getting the e-mail with my new serial. Please let me know what registry entry or folder I need to remove so I can try Nero 9.

[quote=boe;2165463]Hello,

I had Nero 8 installed but didn’t like it so I went back to Nero 7. I uninstalled Nero 7 and ran the latest nero cleaning tool General-CleanTool_2_2_0_37.exe. I rebooted my machine. I made sure there were no nero folders left on my system. I ran the clean tool one more time and rebooted. I downloaded the latest trial and I get this message - The serial number has expired. Please enter a valid serial number. I installed mere I moments after downloading the latest trial getting the e-mail with my new serial. Please let me know what registry entry or folder I need to remove so I can try Nero 9.[/quote]
All you have to do is e-mail the support team on their webpage and they will sort it for you if your serial is valid, they have installed a validation checker on all downloads of Nero 7, 8 ,9.

Thanks - I have e-mailed them yesterday. Haven’t heard back yet. I also went to a link they had to resend a SN and they sent me the same SN. I’ve also tried changing the dates on my system backwards and forwards.

I’m using their trial version I downloaded from their site and at the same time to download it you give them your e-mail and they send you the SN. My guess is there is some remnant from 7 or 8 which is causing the issue. I figure if someone on this forum has already encountered the same issue they might get me an answer sooner than support.