Cannot install hardrive

vbimport

I am trying to install a Seagate T2 hardrive. Windows 7 ,
first off I cannot find anywhere in Bios to utilize the Automatic Detect
Hardrive function, I have Seagate Install Wizard. The computer is not recognizing the drive nor is the Wizard. Any help greatly appreciated.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2574123]I am trying to install a Seagate T2 hardrive. Windows 7 ,
first off I cannot find anywhere in Bios to utilize the Automatic Detect
Hardrive function, I have Seagate Install Wizard. The computer is not recognizing the drive nor is the Wizard. Any help greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

First off what kinda computer is that and motherboard type? You will have to make sure you read the owner manual since you didn’t provide us the model and make of the motherboard? Usually you just have to hit “Del” key to get to the Bios. You don’t need any kinda software to detect that large of a drive if the Bios is up to date and can recognize the HDD if the firmware is current.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2574135]First off what kinda computer is that and motherboard type? You will have to make sure you read the owner manual since you didn’t provide us the model and make of the motherboard? Usually you just have to hit “Del” key to get to the Bios. You don’t need any kinda software to detect that large of a drive if the Bios is up to date and can recognize the HDD if the firmware is current.[/QUOTE]

Cool, thanks for the reply. Its a HP-P6142, Amd Phenom Quad, Nividia 9650 Graphics card. Not sure how to update the firmware & Bios. If you show me I will be glad to do it. Thanks again. I was in Bios, no help as the drive was not read.

I recently installed a TB seagate HDD that refused to be seen/recognized…Finally saw it was not plugged in properly(all the way in)…:doh:
IOW, check the cable(s)…ya never know!!:wink:

Have you tried plugging the drive into another SATA port? And/or try a different power supply plug, you may simply have a bad connection.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2574148]Have you tried plugging the drive into another SATA port? And/or try a different power supply plug, you may simply have a bad connection.[/QUOTE] Kerry, yes I have tried a few hook-ups including an external enclosure and on two computers either I am doing something wrong or the drive is dead, which would not seem likely as it is new?

DOA can happen.
I would return that drive to the vendor and have it replaced.

Michael