Cannot hear audio?

vbimport

Hi,

I’m not sure if this is the right forum but it seems pretty close.

I have an AVI movie file (DIVX). When I try to play it on my computer there’s no audio. I downloaded some free codecs and now I can hear the audio.

I would like to burn a copy onto a CD-R to play on my standalone DVD player. However, when I did this there was no audio.

Is there a recommendation here where I can burn a copy of the file and play it on my stand-alone DVD player and also hear the audio?

Thanks for the help. If you know of a better forum section to post this please let me know.

Drop the file on a program called ‘GSpot’ and post the results. GSpot will tell you what type of audio the file has.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2085225]Drop the file on a program called ‘GSpot’ and post the results. GSpot will tell you what type of audio the file has.[/QUOTE]

OK…here are the results…I think this is what you’re looking for.

0x2000 (Dolby AC3) AC3

Thanks. Now what do I do?

I’m venturing here into something I’m not real sure [I]how[/I] to do, I only know [I]what [/I]to do. AC3 is not normally used with DivX, so standalone players often don’t support it (it’s usually MP3 audio). You need to ‘demux’ the AC3 audio, convert it to MP3 and ‘remux’ it. I’ve done it with MPEG2 stuff and its not that difficult, but haven’t worked with DivX much.

Try with Avidemux, and choose for video “Copy” and for audio “mp3 (Lame)”, Format “AVI” and save new avi…

Or VirtualDubMod >Streams>stream list>save wav> then convert wav to mp3 with Belight or DaudioK…
In VDM >open avi>Streams>stream list>add new mp3 and use Direct stream copy in Video settings ,save new avi…

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AviDemux

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2085717]I’m venturing here into something I’m not real sure [I]how[/I] to do, I only know [I]what [/I]to do. AC3 is not normally used with DivX, so standalone players often don’t support it (it’s usually MP3 audio). You need to ‘demux’ the AC3 audio, convert it to MP3 and ‘remux’ it. I’ve done it with MPEG2 stuff and its not that difficult, but haven’t worked with DivX much.[/QUOTE]

Excellent suggestion. I googled and found out how to demux and remux. My video now plays with audio on my stand-alone player. Thanks again for all the help. Cheers!

[QUOTE=t0nee1;2085724]Try with Avidemux, and choose for video “Copy” and for audio “mp3 (Lame)”, Format “AVI” and save new avi…

Or VirtualDubMod >Streams>stream list>save wav> then convert wav to mp3 with Belight or DaudioK…
In VDM >open avi>Streams>stream list>add new mp3 and use Direct stream copy in Video settings ,save new avi…

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/AviDemux[/QUOTE]

Excellent suggestion as well. I tried it this way and it works too. Thanks for the help. Cheers!