Cannot decrypt Unbroken

vbimport

I purchased the movie “Unbroken”. When tying to make a backup I receive an error message to this effect. “temporarily muted due to Cinavia protection. not authorized for playback on this device”. Tried Anydvd to Shrink to Imgburn. Not working. Help!

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2752720]I purchased the movie “Unbroken”. When tying to make a backup I receive an error message to this effect. “temporarily muted due to Cinavia protection. not authorized for playback on this device”. Tried Anydvd to Shrink to Imgburn. Not working. Help![/QUOTE]

huh…anydvd doesn’t shrink…what program are you using and where is the log file???

The wording may have been misleading. Used AnyDvd to decrypt, not shrink, that’s what I used Shrink for. I have found out that the Cinavia protection is inherent to the BluRay player. Supposedly not all, and most older players prior to Feb 2011.

Actually my understanding is just the opposite .
It is BD players manufactured sometime in 2012 & after that have the Cinavia protection.
If the disc you are trying to copy has Cinavia the softwares you are using will not remove it .
If you have AnyDVD HD & the correct media player you can play the disc on your computer . The original BD disc should play fine on your standalone.

So far CloneBD only does a “fair” job of removing Cinavia. It needs AnyDVD HD to do that.
There is another software that is posted about on the forum . Some members recommend it. I haven’t tried it & don’t plan to. So I won’t post it.

I don’t know if this would work or if you would be satisfied with the results if it does. I actually don’t believe it would be this simple.
Play the BD disc one of the media players that AnyDVD HD “removes” the Cinavia when played on a computer . Use a screen capture software to make a backup copy.

The other alternative is to create a .mkv file with MakeMKV.
This is supposed to work. Whether your standalone or TV will play a .mkv depends on the codecs it has. I also haven’t tried this but maybe if you don’t mind a second encode you could convert to BD or DVD with the .mkv file. That might not have the Cinavia removed . I don’t know.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2752761]Used AnyDvd to decrypt, not shrink, that’s what I used Shrink for.[/QUOTE]

Shrink is so old it can’t handle newer media…time for for upgrade to newer software…

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2752761]I have found out that the Cinavia protection is inherent to the BluRay player. Supposedly not all, and most older players prior to Feb 2011.[/QUOTE]

Well that is where the combo Anydvd HD and CloneBD with the Cinavia options checked to remove Cinavia. You might think to upgrade if your player isn’t 2012 and older models.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2752720]I purchased the movie “Unbroken”. When tying to make a backup I receive an error message to this effect. “temporarily muted due to Cinavia protection. not authorized for playback on this device”. Tried Anydvd to Shrink to Imgburn. Not working. Help![/QUOTE]
I don’t understand, you have been on this forum since 2006, and have posted 1,046 times and you don’t know about DVDRanger

just wandering

Marty

[QUOTE=thor21344;2752802]I don’t understand, you have been on this forum since 2006, and have posted 1,046 times and you don’t know about DVDRanger

just wandering

Marty[/QUOTE]

How is their posting a reflection? DVDRanger hasn’t always been Consumer Friendly that is why they got they reputation they got.

Ok, Bad rep. no rep. good rep. it does not matter, no matter how it does it, it removes Cinavia.

[QUOTE=thor21344;2752849] it removes Cinavia.[/QUOTE]

That’s all that matters in the end without breaking a sweat for Anydvd HD.

When you play a copy in 20 minuets the sound stops through the rest of the movie. Then there’s a large black square that covers most of the screen. The Cinavia is installed in the blu ray players since 2012. All who make copies will have to use a laptop and HDMI cable for your tv. Hope someone can come up with a fix.

[QUOTE=thor21344;2752802]I don’t understand, you have been on this forum since 2006, and have posted 1,046 times and you don’t know about DVDRanger

just wandering

Marty[/QUOTE]
Does that make me a bad person? Excuse me for missing out on Dvdranger,
I’ll try to be more observant in the future.

Sir, I ment no disrespect, I apoligise, I really was just wandering. with all of the heated threads in the last year, I assumed you had seen at least one or two, Again I am sorry, no disrespect ment

Marty

Sorry if I misunderstood your meaning.

My mistake, meant after not prior and it is Feb 2012 if I’m not mistaken again.

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2752808]How is their posting a reflection? DVDRanger hasn’t always been Consumer Friendly that is why they got they reputation they got.[/QUOTE]
Does DvdRanger only decrypt Cinavia from a a list of their own movies, just downloaded a trial out of curiosity and that’s what it seems like.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2753058]Does DvdRanger only decrypt Cinavia from a a list of their own movies, just downloaded a trial out of curiosity and that’s what it seems like.[/QUOTE] You need Anydvd which you already have if your going to use Cinex HD, if the movies have already been ripped to your hard drive you can also run it from the ripped folder or any format such as Xvid MP4 ect and it will remove the Cinavia as long as they have the database you need.

CloneBD with Anydvd will also remove cinavia but the audio output still needs work download a free trial of that too and see which one works best for you.

Regards,

ILLP:)

[QUOTE=thor21344;2753040]Sir, I ment no disrespect, I apoligise, I really was just wandering. with all of the heated threads in the last year, I assumed you had seen at least one or two, Again I am sorry, no disrespect ment

Marty[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2753051]Sorry if I misunderstood your meaning.[/QUOTE]

I don’t normally comment on these sorts of things unless I’m stepping in but it’s great to see people resolving issues in such a reasonable manner, and it makes our lives so much easier.

Nice one folks! :wink:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Thanks for the info, will try a trial of CloneBD, I have had good luck thru the years with SlySoft

Wombler, nice observation, don’t know how many times the good people on this board have been patient and have helped me.

Guess my words could have been misunderstood, again, I am sorry

Marty