Cannot decrypt blu-ray

vbimport

The last two blu-ray disks I purchased, I could not decrypt. I have used AnyDvd, BD Rebuilder and Dvd Fab, both old and new. Is it my equipment or am I doing something wrong?. I have burnt about 100 blu ray disks before and only the last two did not decrypt, The movies were Breaking Bad (5) and Gaurdians of the Galaxy.Using Win 8.1 with Asus 121B as the Dvd writer.Any help greatly appreciated.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2743705]The last two blu-ray disks I purchased, I could not decrypt. I have used AnyDvd, BD Rebuilder and Dvd Fab, both old and new. Is it my equipment or am I doing something wrong?. I have burnt about 100 blu ray disks before and only the last two did not decrypt, The movies were Breaking Bad (5) and Gaurdians of the Galaxy.Using Win 8.1 with Asus 121B as the Dvd writer.Any help greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]
I cant say if you are doing it wrong durkinjt, I want to help you but you didn’t give me enough information.:wink: You can be sure if any of those titles were having issues more people would be complaining, and its not just one program so I think you may have an issue with your equipment, but if AnyDVDHD is having an issue, its something else.

Have you tried MakeMKV? Although it isn’t updated as frequently as the various commercial decrypters, curiously, I’ve found that often it will succeed where others fail. :slight_smile:

Probably should describe exactly what “can’t decrypt” means. Do the discs not load at all? If so, the dive may be suspect.

[QUOTE=CDan;2743720]Probably should describe exactly what “can’t decrypt” means. Do the discs not load at all? If so, the drive may be suspect.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the reply. In all cases the disks loaded, then quit, old Dvdfab, just stopped, no message, new Dvdfab 9, " This disk has AACS protection". AnyDvd “disk drive not ready”. This was tried on 2 different computers, same exact results.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2743711]I cant say if you are doing it wrong durkinjt, I want to help you but you didn’t give me enough information.:wink: You can be sure if any of those titles were having issues more people would be complaining, and its not just one program so I think you may have an issue with your equipment, but if AnyDVDHD is having an issue, its something else.[/QUOTE] Hi Alan, Thanks for the reply, I tried it on another computer and got the same results. I have another computer in the garage, I’ll give that a try also.

I did a BD to DVD conversion of Guardians yesterday with DVDFab v9.1.7.9, no problems. Make sure you do [B]not[/B] have the US version of DVDFab (the installer will be named “DVDFab v9.x.x.x_US.exe” if you do).[QUOTE=durkinjt;2743705]The last two blu-ray disks I purchased, I could not decrypt. I have used AnyDvd, BD Rebuilder and Dvd Fab, both old and new. Is it my equipment or am I doing something wrong?. I have burnt about 100 blu ray disks before and only the last two did not decrypt, The movies were Breaking Bad (5) and Gaurdians of the Galaxy.Using Win 8.1 with Asus 121B as the Dvd writer.Any help greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

If AnyDVD says the drive is not ready, its probably a defective disc.

[QUOTE=signals;2743762]I did a BD to DVD conversion of Guardians yesterday with DVDFab v9.1.7.9, no problems. Make sure you do [B]not[/B] have the US version of DVDFab (the installer will be named “DVDFab v9.x.x.x_US.exe” if you do).[/QUOTE]
Thank you, I did not know there were different versions , I live in the USA, and have had DVD for years so I assume I have a USA version, what is the option? You don’t get the AACS warning ?

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2743774]Thank you, I did not know there were different versions , I live in the USA, and have had DVD for years so I assume I have a USA version, what is the option? You don’t get the AACS warning ?[/QUOTE]No you cannot decrypt Bluray with the USA version, its the law. But your AnyDVDHD should not be affected.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2743783]No you cannot decrypt Bluray with the USA version, its the law. But your AnyDVDHD should not be affected.[/QUOTE]
Thanks Alan, honestly did not know about a week ago I did a burn with the old DvdFab.

[QUOTE=philamber;2743717]Have you tried MakeMKV? Although it isn’t updated as frequently as the various commercial decrypters, curiously, I’ve found that often it will succeed where others fail. :)[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the reply. Never heard of this program, how does it work? Does just decrypt?

MakeMKV is primarily a tool for making mkvs from encrypted or unencrypted blu-ray and dvd content, whether on a commercial or home made disc or on a hard drive.

It does, however, have a full blu-ray disc back-up function (i.e. it can make full hard drive back-up copies of encrypted commercial blu-ray discs).

Further, while it remains in beta testing, which it has been for several years, it’s free.

It’s blu-ray back-up function is slower than commercial decrypters as it’s maximum reading speed whilst decrypting seems to be limited to 1.6x. However, the limited reading speed seems to be an advantage when dealing with troublesome discs.

All of that said though,I suspect that [I]CDan[/I] is correct and that you have a defective disc, even though it may not be so defective that it won’t play on a stand-alone player.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2743783]No you cannot decrypt Bluray with the USA version, its the law. But your AnyDVDHD should not be affected.[/QUOTE]

Hi Alan, you got me to thinking why AnyDvdhad wasn’t working. Checked further, guess what, I just re-installed my computer to factory and when I installed my AnyDvd, I installed the regular AnyDvd and not the HD version, embarrassing, but thanks to your heads up I got it fixed and up and running.
Jim

[QUOTE=philamber;2743792]MakeMKV is primarily a tool for making mkvs from encrypted or unencrypted blu-ray and dvd content, whether on a commercial or home made disc or on a hard drive.

It does, however, have a full blu-ray disc back-up function (i.e. it can make full hard drive back-up copies of encrypted commercial blu-ray discs).

Further, while it remains in beta testing, which it has been for several years, it’s free.

It’s blu-ray back-up function is slower than commercial decrypters as it’s maximum reading speed whilst decrypting seems to be limited to 1.6x. However, the limited reading speed seems to be an advantage when dealing with troublesome discs.

All of that said though,I suspect that [I]CDan[/I] is correct and that you have a defective disc, even though it may not be so defective that it won’t play on a stand-alone player.[/QUOTE]
Thank you, as I informed Alan on this post it was a stupid mistake on my part. All is well.