Cannot copy our business DVD properly

vbimport

Hello everyone. I have never posted before, so please bear with me!

I have been using dvd burning software for years and now more recently have started using Clone DVD2. I have no problems burning regular movies, but recently my workplace had a DVD made to give out to patients.
I took on the task of copying these DVD’s and cannot figure out why they aren’t burning properly.

First: The DVD has a menu (like any DVD) and options to choose from (specifically, what surgery you’ll be having).
Second: Once you watch the chapter of your surgery, it routes you to another menu, where you can either have the nurse discuss what happens in the hospital or after surgery.

Initially, the guy who recorded the physicians describing the surgeries then burned it to a DVD for us had it on a Dual Layer disc, but was able to compress it to a regular Memorex DVD-R 4.7GB 16x disc.

When I watch the disc he gave us, no problems.
When I copy the disc with Clone DVD, all that comes up is one of the chapters on a specific surgery and the inability to navigate to any others, much less find the menu.
(I am using the same media that he did, by the way)

Am I using the wrong burning software for this type of DVD?
Did the guy who made this disc screw up the format?
At what point am I allowed to cry with frustration?

Thanks in advance, I hope someone can help!!

Welcome to CD Freaks :).

I wonder if you accidentally made a selective copy of one of the chapters, rather than the whole DVD. You should be able to make an exact ISO copy of the disc with CloneDVD2…

Meanwhile I’ll transfer this to the SlySoft area of our Copy DVD Movie forum.

I did notice that when I ran Clone DVD, the program doesn’t pick up all the separate files on the disc that you would normally see for a movie, only one file came up.
That’s when I wondered if Clone DVD was the proper program to use for copying the disc. I don’t like Nero for this type of function, so I would prefer to avoid it unless absolutely necessary.
I will try to make an ISO copy today and try that.
(Also, the guy who originally made this DVD is unavailable until 2/8, but he’s kinda flaky so I don’t know if he can help me on this)

Use DL media and try clonecd instead for this.

[QUOTE=evolvedtwig;1994026]Initially, the guy who recorded the physicians describing the surgeries then burned it to a DVD for us had it on a Dual Layer disc, but was able to compress it to a regular Memorex DVD-R 4.7GB 16x disc.
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Dr. Who;1994130]Use DL media and try clonecd instead for this.[/QUOTE]
no need for DL media but I would try clonecd though.

Down Load IMGBURN, choose mode, ISO-Read it should rip to hard drive-Then ISO-write, this should work :rolleyes:

Ok. I did already rip the DVD ISO to my hard drive last week, but I used CloneDVD.
When I reviewed each VOB file, I found that all are correct-each one is a chapter of the DVD and the menu is on as well.

But. When I double click on each of the IFO files, it goes to the same chapter every time.
I can’t figure out how the original disc plays, with the IFO files all leading to the same chapter. This explains why my copies all start out at this chapter of the DVD, but doesn’t explain how the original disc plays fine…

Should I still try clonecd? Is what I’ve found with the IFO files normal?

[QUOTE=jamescooley1;1994153]Down Load IMGBURN, choose mode, ISO-Read it should rip to hard drive-Then ISO-write, this should work :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

To OP, This is indeed the best way to do it for an [B]exact [/B]copy

[QUOTE=fairplay;2032470]To OP, This is indeed the best way to do it for an [B]exact [/B]copy[/QUOTE]

Unfortunely Clonecd will do the same as well only thing is after the 21 day trial you have to pay to keep using it. But I can say for it’s money CloneCD is worth every penny that you pay for it.