Cannot copy 3:10 to Yuma, need help

I’ve tried HD Fab Decrypter, RipI4Me, and Burn43 w/Shrink, but no luck. Is there new copy protection out there? This newbie doesn’t know what else to do.

Welcome jbrwon2618,

I moved your thread to the Copy DVD Movie forum as it’s totally wrong in the Copy Protection List. There’s a discussion going on in the fab forum and you probably get some more hits using the search function.

Shrink does not work for this movie.
Ripit4me does not work for this movie.
I can confirm that although Fab says it successfully ripped the movie, the files it puts on the hard drive are too big for Shrink to manage.
I was using DVD FabHD 4040 beta.
Theres a thread on the Fab subforum which discusses the problems.

I have heard but cant confirm that Anydvd works for this movie.

OK.
Just to get back, here’s what finally worked sucessfully for me:

• Ripped using free DVDFabHD Decrypter, in movie only mode,
  • Processed and cleaned Fab ripped files thru Fixvts,
  • Compressed the Fixvts cleaned files with Shrink. (Think I also used Deep Analysis, not sure its necessary.)
  • Burned files with Nero.

Hopefully next version of DVDFabHD Decrypter (a great app) will produce more DVD compliant files, negating the need to use Fixvts.
Hope this helps.

It is not updating yet but you can get it from their site. It works fine, when the last version wouldn’t.

Just backed up and made a copy using AnyDVD + cloneDVD2. No problem. Go to slysoft.com and check it out.

[QUOTE=oracle007;1973164]Just backed up and made a copy using AnyDVD + cloneDVD2. No problem. Go to slysoft.com and check it out.[/QUOTE]
But Any Dvd is not free (Costs something like $50), while Dvd FabHD decrypter is free. I like FREE.

According to one of the Guru’s at Doom9, it will work. :iagree:

AnyDVD -> DVDDecryptor -> DVDShrink = success.

Shrink will show incorrect file sizes, but will back it up anyway and the resulting files are good. Movie only actually only needs 2% compression.

[quote=CDan;1973623]AnyDVD -> DVDDecryptor -> DVDShrink = success.

Shrink will show incorrect file sizes, but will back it up anyway and the resulting files are good. Movie only actually only needs 2% compression.[/quote]
I hear ya Dan, its the best combination of programs out there.:iagree:

DVDFab Plat works like a charm!

my drive does not even recognize that there is a disc inserted. this is not the first one either. this, superbad,jackass 2 and others. when this happens my drive goes from showing dvd drive to just cd .the drive is only 6 months old, so i dont think it is bad. i have backed up nearly every dvd i own, so i know that it does work. does anyone have any ideas? any help would be great.

[QUOTE=newwashbadboy;1973867]my drive does not even recognize that there is a disc inserted. this is not the first one either. this, superbad,jackass 2 and others. when this happens my drive goes from showing dvd drive to just cd .the drive is only 6 months old, so i dont think it is bad. i have backed up nearly every dvd i own, so i know that it does work. does anyone have any ideas? any help would be great.[/QUOTE]

can some one tell me what fixvts is and can i get it i think i saw it pgcedit ok

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/FixVTS

I used RipIt4Me and it worked fine. When you have the option to change the file name in choosing the destination folder …take out th <> symbols before and after the name. <3:10_To_Yuma> should look like this 3:10_To_Yuma. Once you do that it takes a minute or two and then it begins the process…

[QUOTE=Gummigutta;1973229]According to one of the Guru’s at Doom9, it will work. :iagree:[/QUOTE]
Youre right.
Ripit4me does work.
See here:
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f62/ripit4me-rips-310-yuma-236080/#post1973981

Just be sure and take out the ‘<’ and ‘>’. per previous post.

[QUOTE=CDan;1973623]AnyDVD -> DVDDecryptor -> DVDShrink = success.

Shrink will show incorrect file sizes, but will back it up anyway and the resulting files are good. Movie only actually only needs 2% compression.[/QUOTE]
Cant you just run Anydvd with Shrink and skip DVDD step?

Thanks to everyone for their comments. I was able to do it with AnyDVD and/or the new beta version of HD DVD Fab. These are great applications!

I am glad you got it sorted. I agree these are all great apps, the authors just need a little time to adjust them once in awhile. :iagree:

It can be done with DVD Fab and Shrink.

Rip it with DVD Fab

Change the file name to 310TY

Open the file with Shrink and it will show it is oversize.

Click on to Analysis, once done

Burn it. That simple.