Cannot connect TRF

When I am calling NeroBurn to burn a NERO_ISO_AUDIO_MEDIA (DVD) I get the error “Cannot connect TRF”.

Does anybody know why this error appears???

A year later, I see there’s no replies. Well, it seems no one in the fucking net knows what TRF means.
I got a new BenQ DW1640 and had no trouble burning with the included Nero Express 6. Got a hold of Nero 7, and did one burn. The second, I got the “cannot connect TRF” error. Had to uninstall, delete everything from the registry… reinstall. Fixed. For ONE burn. Tried another… same error.
What the fuck is TRF? Is it my drive that’s defective, or what?
Couldn’t get the drive to work at all, till I changed the 40-wire cable for a 80-wire then it works. But can’t use Nero 7 because of this error.

Please mind your language on this forum.

The solution is to increase the size of your windows swap file. See:
http://ht.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/21503

Mike

First of all forgive my english.

I had the same problen about 10 minutes ago and i found a solution
Don’t let Windows manage your SWAP, do it by yourself…
For example if you have 256MB, the swap should be about 512MB of space…always the double of your RAM

Do not execute other programs…and free all the memory you can…it works for me.

I hope this help you in some way.

See ya

i had the same problem with da nero 7 premium.
i installed it and trying to tweak it a little i removed a “nero filter check” and other thingies that were added by nero. didn’t get to write a disk before the tweaks. when i tried to burn a dvd i got the error “cannot connect to trf” and nero throws the error and some buttons are deactivated. i cannot close it by usual means. so i kill it using another application. so thinking that it was my bad for disabling some start up entries. i used the repair thing. same output. after that i removed it completly and reinstalled it again. got the same error. after that i uninstalled nero and removed everything that had nero or ahed in their names, searching system files and the registry. reinstalled it again and got the same f… result. tried also the swap trick that was mentioned and got the same result. anybody any ideea?

What have you increased your swap file from and to? Try increasing it further.

Mike

“Cannot connect TRF” means some of Nero’s transfer layer components, which are responsible for burning, failed to load. The reason for may be even not enough available memory.

yeah. i did increase the memory. i stoped anything that wasn’t “a must” and got the same result. i must mention that i have 512mb ram dual channel, duron 1600@2ghz, asus nforce2 motherboard.
@czykit: i believe that i stoped a component from nero7 but why the repair function and uninstall/reinstall procedure doesn’t work. it would be ridiculous that a burning program to need more than 512mb of ram.

Therefore in fact some DLLs could be missing. Is it possible for you to use Dependency Walker or similar tool and check if it’s true?

I got the same error when buying a new nec nd3540A. I had installed nero 7 premium with a minimum set of features since i didn’t think i needed any of them. Tried to do a repair and added everything except inCD and the imagedrive, this solved the problem.

Specs:
Intel P4 3.0GHz 2GB of ram 1.5GB pagefile. While burning a data dvd nero uses about 300MB of memory.

I got the same problem. My DVD burner is also BenQ DW1640, no problem with Nero 6, but Nero 7 throws ‘cannot connect to TRF’ when I burn data DVD. No problem burning DVD-Video though.
I have tried all methods, not working. I have 1G ram, sawp file is 2G, win xp sp2.

I got the Same issue here & funiley enough with the same BenQ Drive “BenQ DW1640”

strange seems to be a issues with this drive if you ask me …

I have recently had the same problem. Just put my pioneer 108 in my new rig, dfi nf4 motherboard. Thought it was something to do with that. Tried updating drivers etc, but didn’t solve the problem.
You know what did?
I uninstalled nero 7 and installed nero 6 ultra. Problem Solved.

However this thread does have NOTHING TO DO WITH SDK so will a mod move please?

Primarily the problem was discovered using NeroAPI, so it is NeroSDK related too. Anyway I’ll make a copy in Nero@InCD forum.

I’m not sure how others, if they have been able to, have gone about resolving this issue. But here’s my two cents.

A couple nights I ago I visited the Nero website to download a couple of the PDF manuals, and while there noticed a shiny new build of the Nero 6 software, version 6.6.1.4.

I was currently running with version 6.6.0.5 so figured what the heck.

Well, I should know better, as a support technician myself, if it ain’t broken don’t fix it. Low and behold once I updated I could no longer burn anything, CD or DVD alike.

“Cannot connect TRF”

Wonderful, serves me right.

I proceeded to uninstall everything, and use their General-CleanTool_2_1_5_17.exe to clean things up, as well as sift through the registry myself and remove a few lingering items that remained.

I then installed, once again, version 6.6.1.4 clean.

Same outcome, “Cannot connect TRF”.

After some very unhelpful email support from Ahead, I uninstalled 6.6.1.4, cleaned out the registry again, and reverted back to the previous build I was using (which I luckily saved on CDROM), version 6.6.0.5.

Hooray! Everything worked again, just as it did before I installed the “update”. What a joke.

In all honesty, I’ve been using Nero 6 for almost two years now, if memory serves, and this is the first time I’ve had problems. I burn everything, CDs, MP3s, music, DVDs, from command prompt with NeroCMD. But I was getting the “Cannot connect TRF” from the GUI-interface as well.

So, to attempt to help those who are experiencing the same problem, I’ve made Nero 6.6.0.5 available for download from my web server. I’m not supplying a serial number for registering the software, as I’m not in the business of pirating, so don’t ask. But for those who have had this problem with 6.6.1.4, considering I could not find previous builds available from Nero’s website, I thought it might come in handy to some if they could try the version I’m having a positive experience with, version 6.6.0.5

http://www.pcnetworks.org/nero6605/

Hope this information helps somebody. Good luck to all. :slight_smile:

The problem with 6.6.1.4 is the same as with any of the versions of 7. It uses what they call Ultra Buffer. This sucks up twice the system memory as any of the older versions. 6.6.0.1.8 was the last one that that didn’t use this Ultra Buffer. If you don’t have at least 512mb of ram you will probably have problems.
It,s too bad they have removed all the prior update verions from thier site. I’m glad I saved all of my versions.
I’ve read that if you set your page file to the minimum and maximum of 2.5 times the anount of ram you have installed will help. Too much screwing around for me to get a glitchy program to work! :Z

Yup, I agree. Too much screwing around for me too.

My box has 4GB of RAM, as I develope interface drivers for clinical instruments for the company I work for. Not to mention I’m always encoding and producing DVDs of our twin boys, who are just learning to walk.

The swap file on my PC has been set to a static 10GB file forever now, so I really don’t see any reason to mess with it.

All I know is I’m sure glad I had a copy of the previous version I was using hidden away on a Backup DVD.

Surely won’t be upgrading to their Nero 7, that’s a certainty. I gave all the information regarding my situation to their support folks, but the response I got was useless:

"We could realize in some cases that this problem caused, if another software passes data to the Nero burning engine and specifies the settings for the burn process itself.

In most cases the problem cannot be reproduced if the same project is processed only within Nero.

You can avoid the problem by finishing your project with the other software first and store it on the hard drive In a second step you can start Nero to burn this project to the disc. This way Nero has the possibility to select the correct settings for the burning process by itself."

Like, what the heck does that mean? I already finished the project. I had the video from my camera encoded to DVD format already, via Nero. I wasn’t using another piece of software to pass settings to the burn process. I was simply using NeroCMD, like I have been using forever now, from a Command Prompt.

However, I got the same problem when I tried to burn things through the GUI in Nero Burning ROM as well, so the developers over at Ahead can suck on that.

Anyways, I wrote them back telling them that after two installation attempts of the 6.6.1.4 build, cleaning things off and reverting back to 6.6.0.5 solved my problem. You just know I won’t be getting any type of response from their support department, HA!

If I had time to find and setup some easy-to-use video editing, DVD encoding, etc. software for my Linux box, as well as had time to teach the wife how to use it, I would simply go back to good ol’ cdrecord-ProDVD. She’s just now getting the hang of Nero though, so I’m not about to pull the carpet out from under her now, LOL.

Anyways, hope others have luck fixing this problem as I did. I’ll keep Nero 6.6.0.5 available on my website for whoever might need it. Figure, as long as I’m not charging for it, and not supplying people with pirated serial numbers, then I’m not doing anything wrong. And well, if I am, I’m sure the folks from Ahead will shoot me a nasty email to let me know, at which time I guess I’d have to remove it, hehe.

Good luck all :slight_smile: