Cannot "Check for new version Automatically""

Dear Folks,

Hi, I am using DVDFAB 5.0 of the registered version of Platinum. I saw that there is a new version @ 5.0.1.2 is available, however, I could not update it when I click on the CHECK NOW button on the GENERAL tab.

There aren’t any error message, but a message popup saying that I am now using the latest version.

Shouldn’t I be able to update it since the 5.0.1.2 is out.

Thank you

Edited due to ignorance

Did you manually download the update or have you left it alone for now?

no it is a beta only final releases are available with the “check for new version…”

5.0.1.2 is a beta version and I understand that the check only applies to full production versions.

Ha! I’ve learned something.

Thanks fellas.

I thought it was operational even with the beta version. Thanks a lot for the info.

Thank you so much guys for your replies,

In that case, if I click on the CheckUp date button, I assumed the whole process of the updates are automatic.

I also understand that with DVDFAB, one need to UNINSTALL a older version prior to installing the new version, don’t know if this apply to the automatic updates.

Chow

[QUOTE=Sea Monster;2049067]Thank you so much guys for your replies,

In that case, if I click on the CheckUp date button, I assumed the whole process of the updates are automatic.

I also understand that with DVDFAB, one need to UNINSTALL a older version prior to installing the new version, don’t know if this apply to the automatic updates.

Chow[/QUOTE]

I would recommend that you do [B]NOT[/B] uninstall previous versions. There’s no benefit in doing this, whether you’re talking sequential updates of a particular version or the major releases themselves, ie., Fab 2.xxx, 3.xxx, 4.xxx, 5.xxx. These major releases will install in separate folders and are independent of one another. You can actually have all 4 major versions installed and working.
Again, there’s no benefit in keeping 2.xxx or 3.xx active, but you may want to keep 4.xxx around as an insurance policy…:wink:

Good advice above re: beta releases.
To my knowledge, there is nothing automatic about updating.
I believe Fab only checks for an update and likely will prompt you to download. You still will have to install the new version via the install wizard.
Note: This is a guess on my part…I’ve never enabled the
"check for new version" feature.

Tom i agree but they do share the same burning engines…except for well you know.

[QUOTE=Bob;2049153]Tom i agree but they do share the same burning engines…except for well you know.[/QUOTE]
Gotcha…:wink:

In the past, Check for Updates ignored betas. Not sure if this is still the case, as I keep it turned off too.

Dear all,

“Check for new version Automatically” will only check official released version, not beta versions.

To get beta versions, you need go to forum.

I hope it’s helpful.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

[QUOTE=fengtao;2049200]Dear all,

“Check for new version Automatically” will only check official released version, not beta versions.

I hope it’s helpful.

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]yep and that too. Thank you Fengtao :slight_smile:

[quote=fengtao;2049200]Dear all,

I hope it’s helpful.

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/quote]

You guys are the GREATEST of the Greatest.

What am I supposed to do without you all.

Thanks…:clap:

[quote=fengtao;2049200]Dear all,

I hope it’s helpful.

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/quote]

Very helpful…thanks Fengtao! :clap: