Cannot change Target to DVD-RW

vbimport

I have been using DVDfab Platinum for several years (or at least it seems like it has been that long). Currently, I am running version 5.0.2.5 under Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit. At some point (even in the 4.x regime), I lost the ability to change the Target from a folder to a DVD-RW when backing up a DVD straight to a blank DVD-. It will only let me choose my DVD-RW as a Target if a blank disc is in the DVD-RW prior to starting the program.

So, I usually launch DVDfab, check to see if I can fit Main Movie on one disc or whether I have to a Dual Layer disc. Then, I put the proper disc in, close the program and then re-open it. At this point, my DVD-RW appears in the Target field.

Has anyone else had this problem? I can certainly work around it, but I used to not have this issue and it is a little bit annoying.

Thanks in advance for your help.

nuclear_risk_guy

please check your settings under dvd to dvd. your default output type should be set to dvd writer.
http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/index.php/Main/SettingsDVDtoDVD

if this does not fix, please do a clean uninstall following stormjumper’s instructions.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/clean-uninstall-dvdfab-platinum-gold-vista-220279/

please be sure to follow all the instructions and uninstall both v4 and v5.

Finally had a chance to try this out. I uninstalled both version 4 and 5 using the link you provided and then re-installed DVDFab Platinum 5.

I still have the same problem: I have to close and reopen the program with a blank disc in my DVD-RW drive to be able to burn straight to disc.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
NukeRiskGuy

[quote=nuclear_risk_guy;2088115]Finally had a chance to try this out. I uninstalled both version 4 and 5 using the link you provided and then re-installed DVDFab Platinum 5.

I still have the same problem: I have to close and reopen the program with a blank disc in my DVD-RW drive to be able to burn straight to disc.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
NukeRiskGuy[/quote]
Next to the target there is a folder you can browse find your dvd drive and select aas target. then make sure in common settings dvd to dvd that your target is your dvd writer. Restart dvdfab and hopefully this fixes it as it does for me when I have that problem

[quote=nuclear_risk_guy;2073131]I have been using DVDfab Platinum for several years (or at least it seems like it has been that long). Currently, I am running version 5.0.2.5 under Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit. At some point (even in the 4.x regime), I lost the ability to change the Target from a folder to a DVD-RW when backing up a DVD straight to a blank DVD-. It will only let me choose my DVD-RW as a Target if a blank disc is in the DVD-RW prior to starting the program.

So, I usually launch DVDfab, check to see if I can fit Main Movie on one disc or whether I have to a Dual Layer disc. Then, I put the proper disc in, close the program and then re-open it. At this point, my DVD-RW appears in the Target field.

Has anyone else had this problem? I can certainly work around it, but I used to not have this issue and it is a little bit annoying.

Thanks in advance for your help.

nuclear_risk_guy[/quote]

I have the same issues. Usually I can no longer set the output to the DVD-RW drive after burning a disc. I have to restart, etc. For a program that is updated like every week, its still full of bugs, plain and simple. I’ve been disappointed so far.

nuclear_risk_guy

please give tell us how your drive is connected.

SATA, IDE, USB, Firewire…ect

please post a burn log
my documents/ dvdfab/ log

i have never had this problem. both of my drives are connected to ide and using microsoft drivers

First off, I don’t know beans about Vista and have no plans to…sorry not meant to be a personal attack here.
Before Vista gets installed on my rig, you will have to pry XP Pro from my cold, clammy hands…:eek::wink:
That said, is this only a problem with Fab?

Again, not knowing Vista at all…it may make sense to delete your upper and lower filters.
You could try running a registry patch such as CDGONE. It is supposedly only for XP, but this was pre-Vista.
I have read that it works just fine in Vista, but I cannot swear to this.

Navigate down to OTHER REGISTRY PATCHES:

REGISTRY PATCHES