Cannot burn specific files

vbimport

I just spent the better part of an afternoon trying to burn some mpegs as data backup and my burn kept locking up at 78-79%. It didn’t lock up the pc but it just stopped burning. I reinstalled Nero and tried again. No luck, so for kicks I tried another set of files and they burned perfectly. Never had that happen. Anyone had specific files that just would not burn?

The only thing I can think of is a situation where you tried to access those files with some other program during the burn.

I had nothing running in back. I always defrag and shut down everything before starting my burns.
Its really strange, I finished backing up the balance of my files, and narrowed it down to an individual file. Nothing special. Just a mpeg. I tried burning as data along with a few others putting it at the end of the burn. It stopped burning around 85% which is where it was at in the order. Tried burning it at the beginning. It stopped shortly after starting the burn. Oh well. I thought my drive was failing for a while there :eek: :eek: :eek: All is well though.

Funny, but I do have a similar problem…

Look here: http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=119855 :eek:

nmpaulcp, maybe the file is corrupted. Can you play the mpeg all the way through without problems?

DRF

I thought of that, but since it is just data I would think it would still burn. But to answer your question, the file plays fine.

If the file’s internal pointers were really messed up and linked to garbage on the disc, Nero would be unable to read the file. That’s why I wanted to know if it would play.

If you don’t mind wasting a disc, copy the file and try to burn the copy.

DRF

I’ll try it :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

You were right :iagree: :iagree: I moved the file to another hard drive and it burned fine. Thanks :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I’m glad that worked. I’m not sure what the problem was, but at least it worked.

DRF