Cannot burn from nero to DVD

vbimport

Hi I am new to all this and not exactly a wizz on pc, I have recently bought an external dvd burner for my Dell laptop and received nero software (Trial) as part of package, I have used nero to edit a video clip which I had on my harddrive, but I cannot now burn this edited clip on to DVD can anyone help (in plain non pc wizard language!!) should I purchase full nero package or should I use differant software, or is there a way I can burn from existing trial nero software.:confused:

What format did you save the clip in? Is it in a Video_TS folder with .vob, .ifo and .bup files, or does it have a file extension like .avi or .mpg or .wmv?

It is saved as a nero file and I cannot change the format of it, if that makes any sense???:confused:

[QUOTE=Cloono;2039025]It is saved as a nero file and I cannot change the format of it, if that makes any sense???:confused:[/QUOTE]

And what exactly did you do??

I have used nero to edit a video clip which I had on my harddrive

What kind of video clip was it originally? If you edited it, then saved it, the original should still be intact, correct?

Would this file have the extension .nrg?

Thanks for all your help, i have saved the file in nero and when I follow the prompts on screen to burn, firstly it is coming up on screen that it is burning disc,but my external burner does not seem to be active at all (no lights no noise etc)and secondly the video clip is just freezing at a point and is not moving on any further, again apolagies if I seem a bit dumb with all this but truth is I am!!:smiley:

Have you sucessfully burned anything on this external burner or no? Many external burners have to be set up as the master before theyโ€™ll work properly.