Cannot Burn DVDs

vbimport

Hi, Hope someone can help
New 20 speed LG GSA H55L, PC crashes or freezes when burning a data DVD.(using Nero 7 Ess.) Have tried simulated burn, selecting slower burn, tried DVD RW and DVD R both plus and minus without success.
Device manager show no probs, DMA activated. Nero not much help, LG say use another brand of disc. (using Verbatim)

I Can play dvds and CD Roms OK. I haven’t tried using INCD

Don’t know what else to do :sad:

Jaycee

[QUOTE=jaycee2;2014229]Hi, Hope someone can help
New 20 speed LG GSA H55L, PC crashes or freezes when burning a data DVD.(using Nero 7 Ess.) Have tried simulated burn, selecting slower burn, tried DVD RW and DVD R both plus and minus without success.
Device manager show no probs, DMA activated. Nero not much help, LG say use another brand of disc. (using Verbatim)

Don’t know what else to do :sad:

Jaycee[/QUOTE]

What is the specs of your computer system and its hardware components?

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2014239]What is the specs of your computer system and its hardware components?[/QUOTE]

Win XP PRO- AMD Athlon 1.2GHz- 512 Mb RAM- Nvidia GeForce MX440- DVD Burner on Ide Secondary Master

jaycee

[QUOTE=jaycee2;2014250]Win XP PRO- AMD Athlon 1.2GHz- 512 Mb RAM- Nvidia GeForce MX440- DVD Burner on Ide Secondary Master

jaycee[/QUOTE]

You might need more RAM.

INCD has been known to conflict with some burner software, maybe even to the point of crashing. I would un-install that and give it another try.

512 Mb RAM

512 is workable ,but I would increase to a min of 1 gig. With ram as cheap as it is you can’t loose.

bean55