Cannot boot windows

Hi, a while ago I was aware that my computer was infected with mild viruses that hardly bothered me to be honest. I also noticed that my Automatic Updates were not working. Yet one day, it initiated its own updates, though I thought was a good thing. After the updates had installed I was prompted to restart and after doing so-
“NTLDR is missing. Press Ctrl Alt Delete to restart.”

I guessing you have Windows XP? Do you have the Windows install disk? If so, boot up the Recovery Console and either copy the NTLDR from the i386 folder on the disk to the root of your hard drive or do a fixboot. Check the bios first to make sure you’re booting from the correct drive.

Use your Win CD to boot from and repair…
FYI, just google NTLDR and you’ll get many hits…

Windows XP users

1. Insert the Windows XP bootable CD into the computer.
  2. When prompted to press any key to boot from the CD, press any key.
  3. Once in the Windows XP setup menu press the “R” key to repair Windows.
  4. Log into your Windows installation by pressing the “1” key and pressing enter.
  5. You will then be prompted for your administrator password, enter that password.
  6. Copy the below two files to the root directory of the primary hard disk. In the below example we are copying these files from the CD-ROM drive letter, which in this case is “e.” This letter may be different on your computer.