Cannot backup my original

Could anyone give me some advice?

I have Clone DVD and AnyDVD v3.5.2.1. I am trying to backup my copy of Starwars Attack of the Clones. It will not backup… it comes up with a read sector error, this happens at any % of the way through, I have tried it all day.

I have deinstalled cloneDVD and rebooted. Then reinstalled CloneDVD and rebooted. I am just waiting to see if it gives me a read error again.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
luckiesal :sad:

It has just failed with the following read error:

Scheduler OE:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_3.VOB:23 readerror TCSector Reader TCE

Does that mean I can rectify it some how?

Luckiesal (again) :sad: :sad:

Check your original for dirt and scratches. When I get these types of errors I find that cleaning the original with water and a soft cloth usually fixes the problem. The one time I could not fix the error I found that I had a significant scratch on the DVD.

I have tried cleaning the disc. I am now trying to duplicate a DVD from a copy dvd to see if I can… it is coming up with exactly the same error.

I am using a Sony: DVD RW DW-U50A and Bulkpaq Orange 4x DVD-r.

I have also tried DVD decrypter, DVD shrink, DVD Cloner, DVDFab and DVD X Copy Xpress and all of them stop with errors. Sorry to put this information in the CloneDVD forum but I thought it might help rectify my cloneDVD problem…

Thank you.

Luckiesal

Originally posted by luckiesal

I have Clone DVD and AnyDVD v3.5.2.1. I am trying to backup my copy of Starwars Attack of the Clones. It will not backup… it comes up with a read sector error, this happens at any % of the way through, I have tried it all day.

I have deinstalled cloneDVD and rebooted. Then reinstalled CloneDVD and rebooted. I am just waiting to see if it gives me a read error again.

Any suggestions?

I am using a Sony: DVD RW DW-U50A and Bulkpaq Orange 4x DVD-r.
Looks like you’ve been doing lots of unnecessary things.

Suggestion ? Buy a decent media !
AFAIK, Bulkpaq Orange 4x DVD-R are made by Princo. What do you expect from this media ?
Get Taiyo Yuden, RiTEK G04 or RiTEK R02 instead and see what happens.

Although the better media suggestion is worthy of great merit (Princo are really shitty media) it doesn’t solve the initial problem,

Try reading the Original DVD in another drive, I sometimes get this same error and swap it out of my JLMS to my Toshiba and the error goes away.

I haven’t got another drive unfortunately, I use my Sony Vaio Laptop.

I used windows to copy and paste from the dvd drive to a designated folder on the hard drive and it did this no problem… but then when I tried to then burn it from DVDclone it said that it was protected and that I could not copy.

I have AnyDVD version 3.5.2.1. Does that only remove protection from a disc. Any other suggestions of removing the protection from the hard drive copy of the DVD?

So sorry if I am seeing a bit simple… just trying out all sorts of methods and now am getting so frustrated.

:bow:

luckiesal :sad:

> I used windows to copy and paste from the dvd drive to a designated folder on the hard drive and it did this no problem… <

Good idea! But make sure, that AnyDVD is running while you do it! Otherwise you will copy scrambled files.

> but then when I tried to then burn it from DVDclone it said that it was protected and that I could not copy. <

Maybe AnyDVD was off?

> I have AnyDVD version 3.5.2.1. Does that only remove protection from a disc. <

Yes! So, make sure AnyDVD is running when you drag/drop or copy/paste.

And never forget this advice:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=86829

Thank you for the quick response!

AnyDVD was running in the background when I copied and pasted…

But I shall try again tonight with a few different disks and see if I have any luck.

Fingers crossed!

Luckiesal :bow: