Canadian DVD player owners could get visits from the federal police

I just posted the article Canadian DVD player owners could get visits from the federal police.

If I’m correct Americans like
to make fun of Canadians. Well here’s something to fuel the laughs. The
Canadian website Canoe.ca reports that Canadian DVD player owners could get a…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/6975-Canadian-DVD-player-owners-could-get-visits-from-the-federal-police.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/6975-Canadian-DVD-player-owners-could-get-visits-from-the-federal-police.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

how can a dvd player emit any kind of signal? and how can it be so strong that it will be received by militars?

Sounds like the sourse was from an American LOL figures they really dont know what the hellll there talking bout hehe :B Q

Sounds like the sourse was from an American LOL figures they really dont know what the hellll there talking bout hehe :B Q

hehe double click react button - my bad :wink:

some of this info is true. this has nothing to do with DVD players though, thats were the info is wrong. the units that i think there talking about are satellite boxes with pirate cards installed in them. was reading about this story and others like it 6 to 8 months ago.

ok now that makes more sense, but the dvd players lmao not Q

If it was a DVD player, then the manufactuer would be forced to do a recall and replace them.

come on, lets be real… we like to make fun of everyone, not just canadians! and that goes for just bout everyone else too. :B

It should not matter what it is, just turn off the suspect kit or totally remove power from it and voila - you can then tell. How stupid these ‘experts’ must be.

for sale 19.2 million dvd players. Hardly used. Must sell Quick. Call 1-800-CANADA. lol:p

How could a pirated card emit so strong signals too ? Why this could only happend in this case ? To track down sat. pirates ? How ? Who can do this ? the pirate itself ? the receiver/decoder ? Jr