Can´t record DVD with Infrarecorder or any other recorder

Hello everyone.

I have this really stupid problem that´s driving me insane.

My laptop DELL LATITUDE D530 came with Roxio installed. I have a TSSTcorp DVD±RW TS L632H D300.
To burn DVDs I need to purchase premium (realplayer) which seems to have roxio embedded in it.

When I try with another burner, like itunes, I can´t even burn CDs. This message pops up saying another program has the license or burning rights, or whatever.

I downloaded Infrarecorder. This seemed to work for a short video, but when I burn movies (from my pc to the dvd disc), infrarecorder says it can´t reload, that I have to do it manually. The problem is that the DVD is always blank. It goes through the whole burning process, but there is nothing on the dvd at the end, but I can´t use the DVD disk again…

:sad:

It´s a mess and I feel like throwing the whole damn laptop out of the window. The bottomline is: I have never been able to burn a dvd (movie) using infrarecorder and I don´t want to purchase premium to use Roxio because I never asked for it in the first place.

One more thing. I have Nero, which I also installed at one point, but the DVD option does not even appear.

Can someone tell me how to remove roxio completely and release whatever it is that´s stopping other burners from functioning?

Thanks in advance and hope someone can help. :bow:

Hi and Welcome![QUOTE=cipriana;2295901]
My laptop DELL LATITUDE D530 came with Roxio installed. I have a TSSTcorp DVD±RW TS L632H D300.[/quote]Dell support website has D600 firmware available.

To burn DVDs I need to purchase premium (realplayer) which seems to have roxio embedded in it.
:confused: The OEM Roxio software that are shipped with Dell computers [B]does[/B] support DVD burning.

When I try with another burner, like itunes, I can´t even burn CDs.
Newer Dell firmwares fixed some problems with iCrap.

This message pops up saying another program has the license or burning rights, or whatever.
Are you trying to burn an audio CD from DRM protected music?

I downloaded Infrarecorder. (…)
Get ImgBurn and post the log file please.

Can someone tell me how to remove roxio completely
Add/Remove Programs from Control Panel worked for me. I had a clean uninstall.
and release whatever it is that´s stopping other burners from functioning?
That’s why I ask for a ImgBurn log.

Michael