Can you recognize my drive?

vbimport

Hello !

Can you please recognize my drive ?

pihug12 :cool:

Maybe, OPTORITE DD0201

Thanks for the quick answer !

I cannot read some CD with it. Do you think I can read them if I upgrade the firmware ?
Where I can find the last firmware ?

My drive can be a MSI DR4-A (MS-8404A) too ?

[B]pihug12[/B] :cool:

Hi and welcome!

I doubt that, but you can try. If the drive can’t handle CD media at all, then it is probably defective.

Where I can find the last firmware ?
Optorite is no longer in business, so there isn’t any official website from them. You may check tdb.rpc1.org then. To make sure, this is the right firmware for your drive, have a look on the sticker that is attached to the drive in order to identify it properly.

My drive can be a MSI DR4-A (MS-8404A) too ?
MSI indeed sold Optorite drives under their own label, so this could also be a MSI.

Michael

I doubt that, but you can try. If the drive can’t handle CD media at all, then it is probably defective.

The CD is new, it’s [I]Trackmania Sunrise eXtreme[/I].

I try to install the last firmware of MSI DR4-A (MS-8404A) and OPTORITE DD0201. Both of them didn’t want to install.

[B]pihug12[/B] :cool:

i cant say for sure what exactly you driver is cuz it have a generic identification , so no software will help here , youll have to take it out and check whats on the sticker

i think [U]Michael[/U] was refering to the drive and not the cds themself

Hi,

If all other CDs work fine, then there is an issue with that particular disc, not with the drive. Maybe some copy protection or poor quality.

I try to install the last firmware of MSI DR4-A (MS-8404A) and OPTORITE DD0201. Both of them didn’t want to install.
Then check the sticker attached on the drive. Or leave it as is.

Michael