Can YOU look into ( settings ) Single post PLEASE

vbimport

just clicked on a scan in Chat ( from a post ) but it took soo long to open gaveup
a few members post scans of media IT takes my Internet soo long to get to the right spot …

http://club.myce.com/f20/view-single-post-276299/

I will not give up♥♥

Please Just Say it will never happen ,CANT Work ect ( GET the old Freaks back )…other forums can do it WHY not MYCE …feel like traitor
typing that word ;):bigsmile:

We’re planning on upgrading the forum software. However this will not be an easy task that completes within a few days. But by chance we might manage to get the single post display back.

But that’s NOT a promise

PS: I hope the old freaks are still here:iagree:

I hope some things will get fixed that haven’t been working.
I think most of us CDFreaks would like that name back.

You give me a chuckle occasionally with your spelling Di.
From a post in the link:

[QUOTE=diane7;2551068]
IF that makes sence to anyone IM still fathering out what to do [/QUOTE]
Pretty good trick for a gal .
I think the word you were looking for was " fathoming" or maybe “ferreting”.

[QUOTE=cholla;2630106]I think most of us CDFreaks would like that name back.[/QUOTE]
While I really love the CDFreaks name (my bookmark still says CD Freaks), this is very unlikely to happen. We’re currently discussing that name thing internally and there are many disadvantages of changing the name back that I cannot disclose.

But we lost a lot of traffic (and that’s what generates money and keeps the site alive) when the name was changed from CD Freaks to MyCE and I think nobody wants less visitors from a name change which equals less revenue which would result in the shutdown of this site sooner or later. :disagree:

We’re hearing you Di and we’re with you :wink:

But also, what Liggy said!

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2630149]We’re hearing you Di and we’re with you :wink:

But also,[B] what Liggy said[/B]![/QUOTE]

[B]Yey [/B]he has kept this site going [I]when all else failed :flower:[/I]

[QUOTE=Liggy;2630147]While I really love the CDFreaks name (my bookmark still says CD Freaks), this is very unlikely to happen. We’re currently discussing that name thing internally and there are many disadvantages of changing the name back that I cannot disclose.

But we lost a lot of traffic (and that’s what generates money and keeps the site alive) when the name was changed from CD Freaks to MyCE and I think nobody wants less visitors from a name change which equals less revenue which would result in the shutdown of this site sooner or later. :disagree:[/QUOTE]
I understand the economics & just wanted to add my 2 cents about a preference of mine.
I kept coming after the change to myce & will continue with either name.

[QUOTE=Liggy;2630147]… which would result in the shutdown of this site sooner or later. :disagree:[/QUOTE]

Which is exactly what no one wants to see.

At the end of the day the sustainability of the site as a whole is the most important thing but we’re always keen to listen to everyone here and take on good ideas whenever possible.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=diane7;2630153][B]Yey [/B]he has kept this site going [I]when all else failed :flower:[/I][/QUOTE]
Not really. We’ve just been lucky that nothing severe happened in the last years. My abilities are limited.

Single post would be awesome.

Not least because if someone’s bandwidth is limited (Di ;)), then loading a whole page where one post will do, wastes a lot. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Liggy;2630104]We’re planning on upgrading the forum software. However this will not be an easy task that completes within a few days. But by chance we might manage to get the single post display back.

[B]But that’s NOT a promise[/B]

PS: I hope the old freaks are still here:iagree:[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2630149]We’re hearing you Di and we’re with you :wink:

But also, what Liggy said![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Arachne;2630306]Single post would be awesome.

Not least because if someone’s bandwidth is limited ([B]Di[/B] ;)), then loading a whole page where one post will do, wastes a lot. :)[/QUOTE]

[I]Why are virgos so hardheaded? [/I]
[B]! NOT a promise ![/B]

[I]I wont give up till you say it will never happen :bigsmile:[/I]

[I]Love di ♥ :flower:[/I]

Ps… [I]I like to look at Scannes in the Blank media forums but the images take too long to show on my Slow DSL ( I know I can change page view to 5 posts per page )[/I] But a bit lazy to do it just to view an image

[QUOTE=diane7;2641615][I]I wont give up till you say it will never happen :bigsmile:[/I][/QUOTE]
It will never happen :disagree:

And maybe in the future we can make it work and you’ll be surprised :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=Liggy;2641616]you’ll be surprised :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Ja well no fine

I found a loophole for Di (or anyone else) to use to display a single post and here’s the steps:

Write the URL: “http://club.myce.com/showthread.php?t=1&perpage=1&p=”, followed by the post ID you would like to show as a single post.

To get the post ID, right-click on the post # at the upper-right of the post and open the link in a new window/tab. Look at the address field and copy the number after the “/#post” at the end of the link.

Here’s an example with Liggy’s post #12:

Now insert this link as you would a regular link. For example, this link here is the outcome of the above example. :slight_smile:

Thanks will play around with that and try it out when its not 12:10 AM:flower: